Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. For every year that a customer spends with Inspire Clean Energy, they have a greater impact on climate change than 10 years of strict recycling.
Our rapidly growing team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet.
The Compliance Director will be responsible for designing and implementing internal policies that ensure that Inspire complies with all external regulations and laws. Additionally, this role will be responsible for training staff on these internal policies and monitoring their effectiveness. This position will build the enterprise-wide compliance program.
THE COMPLIANCE DIRECTOR HAS 4 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying all risk areas and ensuring there are policies and procedures identified to manage the risk
- Creation and facilitation of training on all policies related to compliance and risk
- Oversee audit and monitoring for all areas
- Hire, train and develop a world class compliance team
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Establish the compliance department
- Run strawman of all enterprise risk
- Identify gaps in policies/procedures
- Create cadence for audit/monitor
- Must Have
- 7+ years of experience in a compliance, quality or risk focused role
- Previously held roles as Compliance Manager or Director in a highly regulated industry such as education or financial services
- Experience building compliance department for a high growth company
- Impeccable judgement and attention to detail
- Compliance certification (ie Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional CCEP)
- Experience leading and developing a team of at least 3 direct reports for more than 2 years
- Proven leadership though complex cross functional projects requiring buy-in from Senior leaders across the company
- Nice to Have
- Prior experience in the energy industry
- Strong project management skills