Join VillageMD as a Community Relations Specialist working remotely in Orlando, FL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we are looking for a Community Relations Specialist to join our Health Outreach team helping us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we have partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We are equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We are creating care that is more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we are looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Community Relations Specialist is an essential part of our Community Health Outreach team. This role is looking for dedicated team members who are resourceful, flexible, and problem solvers. You will be expected to plan and execute community events throughout the week. A key element of this role is setting a positive tone for events, supporting the Outreach Team to thrive. The Community Relations Specialist plays a significant part in maintaining our excellent reputation in the community. S/he is accountable for marketing Village Medical to adults on Medicare by forming relationships with relevant stakeholders, scheduling events, and participating in events when needed. S/he will work very closely with the Marketing and Outreach team and will gain valuable experience in healthcare. This position has potential for development into a leadership position on the Outreach Team.
How you can make a difference
- Build relationships with key community leaders that can connect with our patient population of adults on Medicare (65+).
- Proactively engage leaders in the community in opportunities and events for our Outreach team. Outreach Teams will share the Village Medical experience with the community and attract prospective patients to our Primary Care Clinics.
- This position will require proactive cold calling and lots of prospecting to service coordinators at senior groups, senior care facilities, food pantries, non-profits, libraries, malls, police districts, government officials, churches, and other community centers serving our patient population.
- Coordinate all details of the events with Village Medical outreach team to ensure that materials, catering, event locations, and scheduling are all in sync.
- Overseeing all in-clinic events that Village Medical plans and executes.
- Train and manage all community room coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned within clinic and out of clinic.
Experience to drive change
- An attention to detail and creativity
- Strong written and public communication skills
- Must have the ability and desire to make cold calls and prospect in a sales/business development environment
- Ability to train and help community room coordinators grow and develop
- There will be daily responsibility on the number of events scheduled
- Minimum performance standards include scheduling no fewer than 6-8 events per week
- Demonstrated history of creating relationships with community leaders
- Equivalent work experience is required
- Fluency in Spanish desired but is not required
- US work authorization
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.