Community Moderator (Evenings) at Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive and educational.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.What you’ll do:
Community is fundamental to Public’s mission of making the public markets work for everyone. As our community continues to grow, its health and safety is a top priority. As a Community Moderator, you’ll join a team that is committed to co-creating an educational and inclusive environment on the Public app. Your day-to-day will include upholding moderation guidelines, fielding content reports, and helping connect community members with in-app educational resources. Please note, this role covers an evening shift, and will be expected to work from 1–9 PM PT or 4 PM–12 AM ET.Who you are:
- Someone who is passionate about community safety. You’ve worked to uphold community guidelines in the past, in either a professional or volunteer capacity. You believe in the importance of upholding harm-free spaces for our members to interact.
- An agile teammate who is comfortable working independently and can react quickly to diffuse difficult conversations and make effective decisions about how to best handle content reports.
- An empath who is energized by empowering others. You aren’t afraid to get involved in conversations and know how to navigate them in an inclusive way. You communicate with respect and authority.
- You’re curious about the future of business and investing. From stocks and cryptocurrency to industry evolution and business innovation, you’re fascinated by the topics that affect the public markets.
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to dissect complex concepts into digestible terms.
- Experience working outside a traditional work day.
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.