Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is seeking a Community Manager who will be responsible for engaging ForbesCommunities members via programmatic, partnership, and communication strategies (with a first priority focus on the Forbes Under 30 Alumni Community).
On a day-to-day basis, the Community Manager will work together with the Head of ForbesCommunities to implement a range of programmatic, partnership, and communications initiatives for the overall ForbesCommunities. The Community Manager will also work in coordination with partners across the Forbes corporate and partner ecosystem to help implement a wholesome strategy for addressing the needs of two audiences – ForbesCommunities members and the “Rest of the World” (ROW) that wants to engage/partner with ForbesCommunities.
- Work with Forbes staff and, in particular, the Head of ForbesCommunities to: increase the number of (relevant) opportunities available ND communicated to ForbesCommunities members; create targeted communications, where appropriate; expand the reach of various ForbesCommunities member benefits.
- Support the content and communications strategies related to engaging ForbesCommunities Members
- Continuously work with ForbesLive team members with respect to ForbesCommunities events and experiences.
- Manage Forbes’s “voice to members”, including but not limited to, moderating and/or coordinating Forbes’s presence in social networking, including Slack and WhatsApp channels and LinkedIn.
- Manage Forbes Under 30 Alumni Community Hubs and Hub Leaders
- Respond to inquiries from members and prospective members
- Coordinate Forbes Under 30 partnership opportunities
- Create a plan for learning and tracking the needs and the developments of members. In tandem, work closely with the Forbes team members staff to devise methods for responding to the needs of members and for harnessing the talents, skills and capabilities existent in the Community.
- Develop a plan and create opportunities for ‘member-matching’.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Communications skills in Spanish (preferred but not required).
- The ability to infuse creativity, enthusiasm, innovation and insight into project management;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, community members and the general public;
- High degree of flexibility in order to achieve organizational objectives and meet its demands/needs;
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- An ideal candidate must function productively in a non-bureaucratic environment, in which a wide variety of tasks is expected of each employee and the ability to work collegially is extremely important.
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice