Community Manager - Technical Support (NYC) at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
Our Customer Experience team is responsible for designing and delivering world-class experiences for our customers. We partner with our customers to understand their goals and work towards providing value while driving long-term relationships for mutual success. As a Community Manager, Technical Support, you are customer obsessed, highly technical, and show a strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
The Kustomer Support Community’s mission is to create a collaborative space for our customers to learn, grow, and share with one another as they progress on their journey with us. Our forum will serve as the primary support channel for all customers to ask questions, share best practices, and learn from other businesses before they reach other Support Channels. We are looking for an experienced Community Manager to help support our customer base and deliver an incredible one-to-many support forum experience.
In this role, you’ll provide an incredible forum experience for Kustomer’s customers by making the Community a place for customers to find easy access to common questions. You will be directly responsible for managing a team of Technical Support Community Moderators to effectively support our customers who engage with us via the Support Community. You’ll work cross-functionally across Customer Success, Professional Services, Support, Product, and Marketing to drive forum adoption and engagement and will take on new goals and projects as Kustomer continues to find opportunities to drive customer value.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working hand in hand with support and product leadership on reducing support tickets.
- Analyzing self-service needs and writing corresponding self-service content (Q&A articles) to address any gaps in coverage
- Monitoring all posts on the Support Community daily and ensuring that all discussions are responded to in a timely manner and with a high CSAT
- Identifying KPIs and metrics that can be used to measure the health of our customer-facing content
- Creating, iterating and documenting forum processes, policies, and standards in conjunction with our support team and product teams
- Developing strategies for improving the quality of content being produced and for promoting usage of that content
- Setting clear goals and driving ongoing improvements for team operations and customer experience.
- Coaching and mentoring a team of 2 Support Community Moderators
- Collaborating with customers, developers, partners, and departments such as Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Support to create a world class support experience via our forum
- Developing and maintaining strong product knowledge and becoming an expert on the use of Kustomer
- Producing online community-focused events
- Actively participating in slack channels, forums, responding to technical questions, and sharing product knowledge with colleagues across the company
- You possess 5+ years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Customer Support, Software Development, CRM Implementations or Solutions Engineering; experience with SaaS companies and startups a must
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are passionate about community best practices, principles, concepts, and technologies
- You have the ability to work across all functional organizations as well as levels in the organization
- You are passionate about creative problem solving for customers and internal teams
- You love learning a product inside and out, and educating customers on exciting new features and industry best practices
- You have team management experience and enjoy leading individuals and projects
- Demonstrated experience with building a framework for knowledge management and familiarity with knowledge-centered support best practices
- Knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, & Adobe Illustrator
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to cloud hosted software issues
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and drive client and partner engagements to success without supervision
- Ability to work with conflicting priorities, take initiative, and maintain a customer-centric focus
- Previous experience with Kustomer preferred
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.