Community Events & Outreach Manager at Comstock Companies (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:00 p.m. (CST) on Monday, October 10, 2022
Remarkable Team. Remarkable Opportunities.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHCI) is a leading real estate developer, acquirer, investor, operator and asset manager of mixed-use and transit-oriented properties in the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area that has developed, acquired and managed thousands of residential units and millions of square feet of mixed-use and transit-oriented properties since its founding in 1985. With a quickly growing portfolio of stabilized and development assets that includes millions of square feet of high quality mixed-use and transit-oriented properties strategically located at key Metro Stations in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Montgomery counties, Comstock is at the forefront of the urban transformation taking place in northern Virginia’s Dulles Corridor and other dynamic transit-oriented employment centers in the Washington D.C. region.
Among the fastest growing, vertically integrated, large real estate operating companies in the Washington, DC region, Comstock provides remarkable opportunities for training and career advancement whether your focus is asset management or property management, development or construction management, residential or commercial property management, or stabilized or development properties.
Comstock is seeking highly motivated individuals to join the Comstock Team. Comstock offers a highly competitive compensation package (salary and bonus potential) and a market leading benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, a generous 401k match, paid vacation time-off, annual professional development funds, daily free catered lunches, free parking, access to on-site fitness centers, and transportation, relocation and/or housing assistance.
To learn more about Comstock’s history, company culture, and business lines, please review our corporate brochure by clicking here: https://comstockcompanies.com/corporate-brochure/
To learn more about Comstock or to review our recent Press Releases or Investor Presentation, please visit: www.ComstockHolding.com
The Community Events & Outreach Manager will develop and implement programs according to Comstock’s vision and goals to activate the properties and public spaces within our portfolio. This role will plan, lead, and execute all events. We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker with creative solutions to event challenges and opportunities.
- Oversees and supports strategy for activating the public realm of Comstock’s portfolio through a variety of marketing tools and events
- Review, research, develop and monitor a comprehensive plan for year-round events at all portfolio locations
- Develops and implements events and activation concepts and detailed project plans
- Establish best practices and standard of excellence guide across all events
- Establishes and fosters relationships with artists, designers, property owners, businesses, and other community stakeholders
- Community outreach to establish relationships with neighborhoods and local nonprofits
- Attend and help facilitate events, collect data on attendance and set up an email gathering process
- Keep up to date on trends and opportunities in events and public space activation
- Preparing budgets, contract management, reviewing and approving invoices, resolving problems and discrepancies
- Be responsible for managing and coordinating content for elevator, garage, and jackstone posters throughout developments
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in marketing, urban planning, management, hospitality, sports marketing or related field
- 5+ years of field related experience
- Ability to work some early mornings, evening hours, and some weekends as related to events
- Valid driver's license without major violations
- Ability to travel locally and push, pull or lift 30 pounds
- Spend time sitting, standing, and walking (up to 0-1 miles one-way)
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with high degree of integrity
- Must hold oneself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Exceptional oral and written communication, active listening, and organizational skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with others in team setting
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and able to work independently, with minimal supervision
Employment opportunities at Comstock vary from time to time and from position to position. As such the work schedules and physical demands associated with each position and workplace may vary. Please contact an HR representative for specific details.
Comstock considers the health and safety of its residents, tenants, guests, and team members as its highest priorities. As such, Comstock consistently monitors developments related to COVD-19 and similar risks to the health and well being of the general population and reserves the right to mandate appropriate safety precautions including vaccines.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
More Information on Comstock Companies
Comstock Companies operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Reston, VA. Comstock Companies was founded in 1985. It has 125 total employees. To see all 5 open jobs at Comstock Companies, click here.
Read Full Job Description