Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, and, soon, San Francisco.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.About the Role:
The Community Events Director will oversee strategy to scale Chief’s member engagement across our community with both in-person and digital events and influence and support Chief’s member led meetups. Part event producer and part community builder, this role is truly two pronged in behind the scenes production and a community driven approach.
This is a critical role on our events leadership team that will lead a team that is responsible for producing events and scaling engagement across our community of 15,000+ members. We are looking for someone experienced in the business strategy side of community events — the what, when, how, and why we are producing events. The right candidate will be a proven leader with success across three key areas; strategy & planning, community building, and event production. You also have experience producing and running high-quality, seamless events for executives and experience supporting and scaling online and in-person communities.
This role will report directly to the Senior Director, Events and Programming and will work in close collaboration with our larger community team, programming team, and producers to deliver results.What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategy and define when, how and why we are hosting community events using KPIs and data & insights to help navigate the approach
- Direct the overall strategy and ideation, development, planning, and execution of innovative, best in class events, with a focus on building member community
- Oversee a community strategy to connect members across various industries, geographies, identities, and other demographics to drive and retain retention
- Support and manage a team of 4+ employees, responsible for training, day to day management and supporting their growth and development
- Manage and maintain a budget and build relationships to ensure the best and most cost efficient pricing
- Responsible for setting the standard and raising the bar for the ideation, planning, production and execution for our in-person events
- Create an elevated experience environment where members feel comfortable connecting with other members over a several hour span
- Attend community functions to identify and network potential opportunities for future collaborations
- Create systems to track the booking and forward planning of events so that deadlines and budgets are always met and work closely with other departments to ensure events deliver on business goals
- Create the playbook to scale community events and engagement across the membership
- Direct and elevate community driven events that allow members to network and build connection in an enduring way
- Extensive and proven experience producing in-person events, concept, planning, production, execution and reconciliation
- Experience in building and scaling large member communities in-person and virtually
- Proven success in leading, training, and managing a strong team
- Ability to be member- facing and interface with executive women
- Deep understanding of and passion for Chief’s mission and existing community and the passion to help grow and further this as we grow
- Ability to travel up to 2-4 times/month across the US
- Willing to work flexible hours including early mornings and late evenings due to a consistent events schedule
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for excellence, always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks
- A strong contributor in a high growth environment, no task is too big or too small.
- You are constantly thinking about iterating on our systems by asking "how can we do this better?"
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite Products is a must
- Knowledge of Zoom, Slack, Salesforce, and Notion are a plus
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends