Commodity Specialist II at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Commodity Specialist II
Our dynamic Supply Chain Management organization is seeking a highly organized, hardworking and self-motivated Commodity Specialist II to support a thriving and growing procurement organization. The ideal candidate will have existing procurement experience in the Aerospace & Defense (A&D) industry in a manufacturing or Research & Development (R&D) environment. The candidate will have working knowledge of FAR, DFAR and/or NASA procurement regulations, price analysis and target pricing techniques, as well as prior experience procuring Custom Fab-to-Print commodities.
We are looking for a candidate with superb time management, multi-tasking abilities and good organizational skills. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all activities of supply chain including procurement of standard and moderately complex material orders, for Fab to Print builds, to support the company plan at optimum cost, quality and delivery.
- Issue POs to suppliers for commodities with and without contract pricing
- May be required to support PCARD procurements.
- Examine purchase requirements and shortages, obtaining quotations, examining bids to negotiate best prices.
- Responsible for multi-sourcing to reduce cost and supply risk for critical commodities with a single source.
- Provide purchasing and expediting support to the company for critical material shortages.
- Manage managing expedites across commodities and suppliers.
- Review open orders for critical parts on a regular basis to avoid last minute expedite.
- Coordinate supplier representation forms with the external supply base.
- Manage purchase order commitment reconciliation within the required purchase order systems.
- Maintain accurate lead times for assigned commodities and report purchase order supplier commitment due dates and due date changes to the company.
- Lead and attend program and supplier meetings as required.
- Comply with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ensures adherence to requirements and advises management and compliance organization on needed actions
- Comply with department Work Instructions, Processes and Policies.
- Create and verify Non-Disclosure Agreements with suppliers as required.
- Manage incoming insurance certifications from suppliers.
- Process electronic shippers to support the shipment of hardware to suppliers as required.
- Manage invoice issues and discrepancies to support company EVA goals.
- Manage RMA and Return to Vendor requirements.
- Work with engineers and suppliers for Part Change Notification and End of Life purchases.
- Work with internal and external customers to obtain data needed for analysis and validate data for accuracy.
- Work with key manufacturers/distributors to identify and eliminate waste in the supply chain.
- Support strategic tasks for strategic sourcing teams.
- Participate with supplier scorecard data collection.
- May mentor new employees.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of Fixed Price and basic Cost / T&M contract types.
- Excellent scheduling and time management skills.
- Willingness to learn various computer systems to support all levels of buying duties required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits a high level to attention to detail.
- Experience with interpreting engineering drawings.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Skilled in coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent communication, writing skills and detail-oriented.
- Able to function in a very fast paced environment and can adapt to changes.
- Prior experience in same or similar role in A&D industry is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.