Commercial Energy Title Examiner - 23340 at Enverus (Austin, TX or Remote)
Commercial Energy Title Examiner
Why YOU want this position
Enverus is the leading energy SaaS company delivering highly technical insights and predictive/prescriptive analytics that empower customers to make decisions that increase profit. Enverus' innovative technologies drive production and investment strategies, enable best practices for energy and commodity trading and risk management, and reduce costs through automated processes across critical business functions. Enverus is a strategic partner to more than 6,000 customers in 50 countries.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Title Examiner to join our Operations team. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world's most dynamic and fastest-growing sector.
- Serve as subject matter expert in sovereignty title, including examination, mineral/royalty, leasehold, underwriting /curative matters, and title insurance requirements.
- Provide support as a trusted advisor and partner to our Energy teams and other internal partners, including the use of advanced technical and analytical skills to review mortgages, liens, legal descriptions, CC&Rs, easements, mineral/royalty conveyances, reservations, patents, production, leasehold, surveys sketches, surveys, right of ways maps and constructions plans.
- Assist with preparation and review of instruments of conveyance and related documents for proper form, accuracy, appropriateness, and completeness, plot metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Resolve issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate, or contradictory information contained in the title documentation.
- Prepare and/or review initial Energy Reports and/ or title commitment, preliminary report or proforma based on the application of procedural guidelines.
- With management, support the development and implementation of a consistent, repeatable, and scalable title process through Service Legal Agreements and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Dive into the weeds with the commercial Energy team on a regular basis, removing blockers, handling escalations, and communicating up and across as appropriate to assure a smooth and seamless experience.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- At least 5 years' experience as a Landman /Energy Title Examiner or equivalent
- At least 3 years' experience as a Commercial Title Examiner or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Working Knowledge of commercial and energy title, including unimproved land acquisition and disposition.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with team members to find resolutions for title flaws, issues, failures, or circumstances.
- Proven ability to examine all relevant public records related to properties, including deeds, mortgages, wills, probate records, divorce records, court judgments, tax records, and more.
- Able to review and understand legal descriptions, sketches, surveys, right of way maps, construction plans.
- Able to assist with the preparation and review of instruments of conveyance and related documents as well as plot metes and bounds legal descriptions, and understanding of PLSS, Lot/Block systems.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand the business needs and partner with the business, commercial Energy Team, to create solutions and effectively deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to analyze, understand and interpret title related documents.
- Experience with industry recognized title platform, preferably RamQuest and Integrity Title Plant.
- Ability to sit for long periods, work on a computer with repetitive motions and utilize devices typically found in an office environment.
- Able to safely lift to 35 pounds at a time using safe lifting techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with another person.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to work in an office environment as required.
- Travel requirements: 0% or as required for company needs/training.
This role is eligible for: Variable Compensation
Salary Range: 62,000 + bonus