Commercial Card Associate - Fraud Operations
Commercial Card is an exciting, fast-growing business within the Commercial Bank poised to grow to multiples of its current size over the next few years. A Commercial Card is much more than the typical corporate card used for travel and expense - businesses use our product to pay suppliers using purchasing cards, virtual cards, and e-payables. The business agenda is focused on high growth and a market leading product. We continue to develop our operations and risk functions to scale and enable this growing business.
The Commercial Card Fraud function manages all aspects of fraud risk management across the end to end of the business. The Commercial Card Fraud Operations Associate will support Fraud & Dispute operations & investigations and is responsible for monitoring fraud signals within the portfolio and executing on pre-defined actions to minimize losses and protect the bank. This includes ensuring we have robust monitoring and controls in place to mitigate fraud risk, optimizing our processes and delivering critical business solutions through cross-functional collaboration. This individual will also serve as the POC for any client escalations.
We seek associates who are:
- Passionate about Fraud prevention while also delivering a great client experience and complying with laws and regulations
- Forward leaning into technology, automation, and emerging financial products
- Fluid in adapting to and embracing change for themselves and with others
- Intellectually curious, and open-minded
- Integrated thinkers and creative problem solvers
- Exceptional and confident communicators, negotiators, and influencers
- Tenacious in pursuing and achieving their goals and objectives with growth mindset
- Motivated to achieve results through teamwork and collaboration
General Responsibilities :
- Client Communication -exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills when speaking with both internal and external customers
- Data Tracking and Reporting -ability to maintain quality data across various systems and trackers; work to optimize reports; ability to identify and escalate fraud trends to management
- Cross-Functional Problem Solving -ability to collaborate with others to solve complex business problems; manage team escalations; be able to drive change through critical project work supporting key priorities across various Fraud investigative functions
- Create and Maintain Fraud policies -standards and/or procedures and deliver training where needed; bring awareness to management any constraints or concerns
- Team support provide general training and mentorship to more junior level associates as needed
- Deliver sound results with a high degree of independence & ability to lead and drive results across the team
- Manage tasks & activities - exhibit strong organizational skills to manage task and activities
- Fraud Process Management - provide support/guidance to immediate team
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of bank operations support experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years creating and managing processes
- At least 3 years of fraud detection experience, fraud application, or disputes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).