Collection Specialist at Centric Business Systems, Inc.
Collects delinquent accounts using calls, mail, email, and faxes; considerable independence is exercised in determining collection actions and resolve any disputes; including but not limited to preparing statements to credit department if customer fails to respond and initiating repossession proceedings or service disconnection. All collection attempts must be maintained in the computerized system E-Automate; including records of collection and status of accounts.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using automated computer system
- Contact customers regarding delinquent accounts by telephone or email
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts
- Confer with customers by telephone to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts
- Research any disputed balances or discrepancies until properly resolved
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment
- Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts.
- Approve or deny supply or service requests when customer is in credit hold status
- Sort and file correspondence and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports
- Provide copies of invoices or maintenance contracts, and payment history upon request
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Refer customer complaints to Sr. Administrative Manager if problems persist or additional information is needed
- Analyses accounts receivable aging report with Sr. Admin Manager each week to monitor collection efforts
- Prepare and mail monthly statements or past due invoices to customers in exceeding 45 days
- Prepares reports as requested
- Identify misunderstandings with customer contracts to Sr. Admin Manager that may lead to training opportunities with other company staff
- Potential back up for Cash Posting.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Advanced degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 2-5 years of related experience in Accounts Receivable
- Track record that demonstrates success and work stability
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Centric-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Life insurance and Short Term Disability
- Paid time off/ Paid Holidays
- 401k Match and Profit Sharing
- Gym membership reimbursement