Is this you? A technology and people manager with proven public cloud, management and customer service experience who wants to do amazing work and have fun along the way with a great community of people.
Who are we? So glad you asked! Opti9 is a top hybrid cloud solutions provider. We’re committed to delivering industry-leading solutions to our customers based on their unique business needs. For those looking to the public cloud, we’re an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner and Certified Solution Provider focused on migration, optimization, transformation, and cloud-first application consulting. We also specialize in managed cloud, backup, and disaster recovery. We have a fun, casual culture that embraces fresh ideas and innovation. We’re customer-driven and we are looking for authentic and accountable team players to collaborate with us to reach our goals.
What would you do? The Cloud Engineering Manager will work with and lead a technical team of Cloud Architects and Engineers to build innovative solutions and support our customers. This position requires strong technical skills, collaboration, and communication skills, as well as a deep commitment and passion for leading a team to success with emotional intelligence.
Our Cloud Engineering Manager must have in-depth knowledge in a variety of technologies to successfully deliver public cloud solutions for our customers. This position will be highly focused on AWS consulting, design, implementation, and automation. The Public Cloud Manager will work on and lead the team on projects focused on helping customers with their Cloud journeys – building secure landing zones, migrating workloads, and providing next generation managed services for our customers. At Opti9, we solve business problems with technology, and our Public Cloud Manager will be responsible for producing outcomes for our customers in an efficient, more-than-expected manner. Nurturing employee engagement is paramount in this role.
A background in management and team leadership, Amazon Web Services, cloud-native architecture, infrastructure as code, cloud migrations and hybrid cloud are a plus. This position will require obtaining AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification in the first 12 months, if the candidate does not already hold the certification.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, driven to learn and customer-service focused.
What are the details?
- Oversee the design and implementation of Amazon Web Service-based solutions for our customers
- Guide the Professional Services team members and work alongside our project leads to ensure they are meeting customer expectations
- Provide hands-on technical guidance, mentoring, and leadership to the delivery team
- Communicate daily with our customers to provide solutions and solve problems
- Architect and implement Amazon Web Services based solutions
- Assist the Vice President of Professional Services to determine staffing needs and make appropriate hiring recommendations
- Manage and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Coach, mentor, and motivate team members to promote accountability and a deep sense of urgency for our work.
- Encourage innovation, outside-the-box thinking, and teamwork
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within project teams
- Understand product and customer requirements and propose solutions
- Participate in proposals and bids for opportunities
- Mentor team members on career growth
- Track time thoroughly and accurately
- Represent Opti9 in customer facing events and sales activities
- Constant focus on automation and innovation
What do you know?
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years professional, hands on experience with mid to large scale environments in development and production settings, including implementing, troubleshooting, managing, and configuring
- 3+ years management experience
- 3+ years of experience on AWS
- Technical degree preferred (Computer Science, Sciences, Math)
- Experience with automated system management tools
- Existing AWS certifications a plus, their achievement is a requirement of the position
General Knowledge and Experience:
- Communicate and elicit cooperation from a variety of sources, including upper management, customers, developers, architects, and other departments
- Persuade, encourage, and motivate the team
- Ability to defuse confrontational situations and group tension
- Articulate technical or operational problems using appropriate business terms
- Coordinate several tasks/projects at once and pivot priorities easily
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of multiple teams
- Flexible during times of change - can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must be a team player with a proactive, positive “can do” attitude
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of data security best practices
- Must have outstanding written and spoken English communication skills to successfully communicate with customers
- Desire to grow both personally and professionally
- The Public Cloud Manager has the option to be a remote position
What do you get from us?
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Casual atmosphere
- Recognition Programs
- Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Healthy Rewards Program
- A great place to spend most of your time