Clinical Trainer at VillageMD
Join Village Medical as a Clinical Trainer for our Midwest Markets.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Clinical Trainer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Trainer will play an integral role in the successful launch and scaling of new Village Medical clinics as well as supporting the training needs of newly acquired practices as our footprint continues to grow in the Michigan market. Service oriented, and patient focused, the Clinical Trainer will embody and support a clinical culture of excellence.
This individual will train new clinical support team members on the Village Medical clinical model as well as patient care and patient experience expectations. He/she will provide at the elbow support of new training classes, assessing clinical competencies and training a consistent approach and standard of care and patient support. Partnering with the Clinical Nurse Educator, the clinical trainer will support the planning, implementation and ongoing monitoring of a training curriculum for clinical support team members, to ensure the consistent delivery of a high quality, patient-centered and cost-effective care for all patients.
How you can make a difference:
- Supporting the training and education needs of all new clinical support staff for both opening of new clinics as well as integrating newly acquired practices
- Leveraging a knowledge base of education materials, practice and community resources, and training approaches to support new team members getting up to speed quickly with expectations and required clinical skills
- Communicating effectively to foster team member collaboration and patient satisfaction
- Well-Versed on Rooming Guidelines and Quality Measures; working with team members to translate these areas of focus into effective EMR documentation
- Assessing the learning needs of new team members and adjusting teaching/training approach as required to quickly and efficiently bring new hires up to speed
- Demonstrating effective time management and prioritization; excelling at both hands-on execution as well as training team members in supporting efficient clinic patient flow
- Evaluating clinical competence and documenting learning and clinical progress of new team members
- Providing constructive feedback and coaching to new team members, ensuring their successful integration into the VillageMD model of care
- Acting as a role model of culture; demonstrating professionalism in all provider, patient and team member interactions; a true ambassador for the Village Medical brand
- Provide relief staffing for area clinics when not training
- May be required to work occasional weekends as to facilitate training and staffing needs
Skills for success:
- The ability and flexibility to travel, when requested/needed, to meet patient and provider needs in our service area
- Detail oriented and well organized with strong prioritization and time management skills
- A high level of personal accountability and ability to work independently
- Ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Strong communication and relationship skills with demonstrated success training new team members on the clinical skills, processes and clinic practices to integrate successfully
- Comfort with data, can leverage reporting and metrics to evaluate efficacy of training and support approaches, as well as identifying skills gaps
- Creativity, flexibility, and demonstrated critical problem-solving skills
- A strong service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change:
- Current CMA designation required
- High school diploma or accredited equivalency required
- Minimum of two years of experience in a clinical setting, preferably within a family practice serving as a Medical Assistant or LVN with strong phlebotomy skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% or more
- At least one year of training and/or preceptor experience
- Strong preference for experience with Athena EMR
- Appropriate working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference:
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.