Clinical Support - Transitional Coordinator at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Clinical Support – Transitional Coordinator in our GA market.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Clinical Support – Transitional Coordinator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our Care Management team, the Clinical Support – Transitional Coordinator will be accountable for supporting and improving the organization’s ongoing refinement of care management processes. As a new member of our team, you’ll work closely with our comprehensive care team to connect the dots of collaborative patient care while incorporating patients’ personal health and lifestyle goals.
How you can make a difference
- Outreach and engage patients post-discharge from inpatient, post-acute and emergency rooms with escalation to clinical team members as dictated by risk level and care needs
- Schedule PCP follow up appointments, coordinate DME and HH services as needed
- Identify and address care gaps with patients with substantiating documentation supporting gap closure
- Request records from specialists enabling the continuity of care for both PCPs and members of the interdisciplinary care team
- Coordinate with local community resources as needed to support both the physical and psychosocial needs of patients
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members to provide best in class patient care and outcome
- Work in collaboration with providers and their care team to provide the highest quality of care delivery based on the practice’s guidelines
- Perform “Virtual Rooming” for telemedicine visits when needed
- Perform appointment scheduling for provider office visits, telemedicine visits, and/or LAB/Nurse Visit appointments when needed
- Attend staff meetings and providing input into evaluation of processes and suggestions for improvement
- Perform electronic medication refills via EMR as delegated by the provider
- Utilize resources to resolve patient cases
Skills for success
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A service-oriented, “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- Demonstrating honesty and following through on commitments
- The ability to problem-solve on the spot and identify issues that need escalated
- Achieving objectives by effectively managing multiple tasks at one time
- Maintaining an organized and systematic workflow that results in goals being met
- Adapting quickly to changes, all while maintaining a positive attitude
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication
Experience to drive change
- 3+ years of experience in a medical office or health care setting
- 2+ years working as a Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant preferred
- Telephonic communication with collaborative care teams regarding gaps and future needs
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
- Utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining and reporting.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.