Clinical Support Contact Center Supervisor - Shared Services at VillageMD
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation as a Clinical Support Contact Center Supervisor – Shared Services in Houston, TX
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Contact Center Clinical Support Supervisor to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
The Call Center Clinical Support Supervisor facilitates day-to-day clinical operations within the call center, including supervising refill specialists and clinical support staff in maintaining a service-based approach to issue resolution.
Could this be you?
This role promotes the highest standards of quality of patient care by assuring adequate training, staffing, scheduling and call review of clinical resources within the contact center. He/she provides support to staff, to continuously improve their abilities to effectively address calls, deliver excellent patient experiences and when necessary, and perform service recovery to facilitate patient/customer retention.
How you can make a difference
- Oversee refill specialists and clinical staff productivity to ensure all work is complete
- Evaluate team demand and production to assure adequate staffing
- Develops and implement staffing plan for shifts based on call volumes, time zones and performance metrics
- Serve as a resource to staff for solving day-to-day problems
- Takes ownership of patient, provider or other staff complaints related to the clinical resources in the contact center and communicates effective, prompt resolution
- Provide immediate follow-up, documentation, and communication to employees
- Serves as champion, to assist staff to interpret organizational and clinical changes in a positive manner
- Conducts staff meetings and huddles in person and virtually
- Ensures appropriate orientation of new employees, and on-going training and development of the refill staff to meet changing needs and organizational demands
- Completes annual employee performance evaluations for refill staff
- Regularly attends Clinical Leadership meetings and other pertinent meetings as required for position/office
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and hiring process for open positions
- Proactive in employee mentoring, coaching, and discipline; promotes staff education opportunities and coordinates training
- Proactive in performing ongoing process analysis to determine the efficacy of established workflows, and collaborate with the department manager to implement necessary improvement strategies that aligns with best practice
- Responsible for bi-weekly completion of clinical employee payroll reconciliation
- Monitors inboxes, productivity, and call volume reports to assure excellent patient care is being delivered by virtual and in office team members (when applicable), and that they are meeting service standards
- Performs periodic quality assurance checks to assure refill protocols are being utilized appropriately
- Involves patients, clinical support staff, physicians, and other appropriate care providers in call communication to support optimal patient outcomes
Skills for success
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results
- Leadership: develop and nurture teams; successfully achieves results through others
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
- Ability to engage and manage remote teams
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years’ healthcare experience with a concentration in call center operations
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience within a healthcare setting
- Active/Current Compact or Multistate Registered Nurse License(s) or Pharmacy Technician License for state of practice and/or ability to practice in AZ, TX, KY (preferred)
- 5 years’ experience in Primary/Ambulatory Care setting (preferred)
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus, and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.