Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & Opportunity: Quartet’s Care Navigation is responsible for working directly with patients to connect them to mental healthcare providers. We respond to referrals from a patient's referring provider and proactively reach out to patients who have untreated or mismanaged mental health needs. The Clinical Provider Liaison will assist Referring Providers with complex clinical cases and support them with the treatment of mental health in their practice.
- Connect with Referring Providers via multiple channels to assess patient safety, ensure clinically appropriate paths to care, and coordinate care for higher-acuity patients
- Build and maintain trusted relationships in multiple markets to solve clinically-complex provider challenges
- Receive and analyze provider feedback and behavior to identify opportunities for Quartet to make product, service, or workflow improvements
- Collaborate with Client Relationship Management, Mental Health Network, Clinical Excellence, and Product teams on cross-functional projects to ensure seamless experiences for both patients and providers
- Function as the subject-matter expert for Providers’ daily habits with Quartet, and identify and create solutions for market-specific challenges in cross-functional team settings
- Licensed mental health practitioner
- Relationship management experience where the primary focus of the role was building mutually-beneficial relationships with highly engaged medical partners
- Knack for understanding what adds value to each unique individual, and obsessed with providing the very best customer service
- Strong task organization, prioritization, follow-up skills
- Flexible, adaptable, open to the rapid changes inevitable in a high-growth company
- Willing to work Pacific Standard Hours
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.