Clinical Lab Technologist (Varying Shifts & Levels) at GRAIL (Raleigh, NC)
| Raleigh-Durham, NC
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:32 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 7, 2022
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Lab Technologist is responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, interpreting and aligning with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires keeping meticulous and organized records, excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
This individual must exhibit leadership skills such as good judgment, sound analysis, decision-making, ability to remain professional and composed under pressure, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the laboratory and across departments.
- Perform analytical procedures including testing, quality control, preparation and aliquoting of reagents and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment according to laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve instrument issues.
- Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a service request as necessary.
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance.
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures.
- Perform and document reagent qualifications per the approved protocols.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Perform and document routine preventive maintenance.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Manager or Safety Officer.
- Participate and follow Quality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and non-laboratory personnel.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Provide updates to supervisors/lead regarding any issues.
- Monitoring data and process status as needed.
- Perform other laboratory duties as assigned.
Your Background Will Include:
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required. Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations.
- Clinical Laboratory experience may vary based on title.
- Liquid Handling experience preferred.
- Automation and computing skills required.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques preferred.
- Laboratory testing experience within the last 2 years preferred.
- Ability to focus on repetitive tasks.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues that may impact test performance.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly.
- Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory!
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.