What will you do at Nomad?
The Clinical Excellence Associate will play a starring role executing and planning ways to better serve and delight our clinicians. From ongoing and regular communication via phone, email, and chat to collaborating within the Nomad system to delight our clinicians, you will work relentlessly to pursue excellence and to ensure satisfaction for our clinicians.
- Being the eyes and ears of Nomad and always finding opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Collaborating with the Nomad Product team to translate front-line insights into new products and services
- Embracing an “all hands on deck” culture
- Advocate for our clinicians while on assignment and support them through all phases of their assignment.
How will you get started at Nomad?
In your first six weeks at Nomad you will:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the Nomad Health end-to-end experience and business model
- Develop a deep familiarity with the temporary clinician staffing market, its key stakeholders, and its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
- Understand what motivates people and organizations to engage in this market
- Understand the various interaction points between clinicians and clients on the Nomad platform
- Be available for clinician questions and issues via phone, email, and chat
- Support and advocate for our travel nurses and allied health staff throughout their journey from job search to working an assignment
In your first six months at Nomad you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the healthcare staffing market
- Help design and establish a successful clinical excellence operations workflow that delights our clinicians and supports our clients thereby closing the gap between client and clinician experience
- Become the Nomad expert on solving clinician questions, issues, and complaints
- Assist in the development of new strategies, business models, systems, processes and products within Nomad to improve clinician experience and infuse clinical insight to our in-house teams
Of course, over this timeframe, the product and the company’s needs will change, so your role will also evolve with time — with a sharp eye towards your professional development and personal satisfaction.
Who will you work with?
As a critical member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with members of the Operations, Account Management, Business Development and Product teams.
Who are you?
- You are an energetic, highly-personable, business driver who thrives on delighting customers
- You enjoy identifying problems and designing scalable solutions
- You are very organized and detail oriented
- You are a strong communicator and have a knack for helping people solve their problems
- You are eager to work in a changing, high-growth startup
- You have previous operations, customer success, or project management experience and ideally start-up experience
- You have 2-4 year of work experience in a relevant role
- You are fun to hang out with and can't wait to join our team!
- You are excited to join a team-oriented culture that celebrates wins and supports each other’s growth
- You have previous experience working with nurses, clinical staff, or in a healthcare setting
- You yourself are a nurse, allied health professional, or hold a degree in healthcare administration is a plus.