Clinical Director at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
At Calm, we are redefining mental health. By pairing our world-class digital tools with personalized, evidence-based human care — we can truly meet people where they are in their mental health journey.
Leveraging Calm’s global platform, our vision is to bring human-centered, stigma-free mental health support to millions around the world. We are looking for passionate, mission-driven people to join us in this effort.
What You'll Do:
The Clinical Director will help expand our evidence-based health platform, furthering Calm’s mission to make the world a happier and healthier place.
You will be responsible for evolving and overseeing our virtual coaching and care model — scaling it to millions of users.
The Clinical Director will lead a team of professionals and establish protocols and quality metrics. You will partner with our Director of Operations to design, optimize, and scale our operational infrastructure for success.
- Clinical leadership: You will own our clinical vision and success. In partnership with product, science, and operations leadership, you will advance our care delivery model, ensuring we both delight our users and improve their health outcomes.
- Best-in-class outcomes: You will be responsible for ensuring our offerings are evidence-based, our quality management systems are reliable and robust, and our clinical outcomes meet or exceed the gold standard in care.
- Team building: You will lead a management team to hire, train, and supervise a global network of providers.
- Cross-functional collaboration: You will partner with leaders across product, operations, science, and sales — developing a B2B offering that drives outsized value for employers and their employees.
Who You Are:
- Mission-driven: You are passionate about building products that improve the lives of others.
- Proven track record: You have 10+ years of clinical leadership and 7+ years of management experience.
- Clinical expertise: You are a trained psychiatrist or clinical psychologist with deep expertise in evidence-based treatments (eg, CBT, DBT, ACT, PST).
- Digital health experience: You have experience with virtual care services, ideally at a high-growth company.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic work environments and are comfortable moving between high-level strategy and in-the-weeds execution.
- Business acumen: You understand the needs of our business and use them to inform our clinical priorities.
- Collaborative: You are comfortable collaborating with a wide range of colleagues, from software engineers to health coaches.
- Open-minded: You love learning and are open to differing opinions and approaches — even when they don’t conform to traditional models of care.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.