Climate Strategy Manager at FiscalNote (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:52 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Thank you for your interest in this position with Equilibrium, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
We're looking for a Climate Strategy Manager to guide and manage our customers as they start to manage their Climate (Carbon Emissions) data, reporting and improvements using our software. You will be responsible for help our customers set their carbon/climate strategy, source data, set reduction targets, and improve their supply chains.
This is a high business impact role for a candidate who is passionate about delivering business outcomes on behalf of customers and increasing the capabilities of their teammates with top-tier advice.
Equilibrium is a leading next-generation all-in-one Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) and Climate Data management software platform. Our mission is to help companies become ESG leaders across their operations and suppliers, using data and AI to power their ESG and Carbon Emissions reporting, benchmarking, goals management and more. With innovation, user experience and AI at its core, Equilibrium is building the most comprehensive ESG360™ benchmarking, reporting and insights overview for stakeholders and decision-makers across the world.
Equilibrium is a company with teams around the world, including North America, Singapore, Taiwan and Europe, and we are proud to be part of the FiscalNote Group, which has over 700 employees and 3,000+ enterprise and government clients worldwide.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Be the primary point of contact from Equilibrium with sustainability leaders at global companies
- Be the key account manager for your customer, help them gather data, set and manage operations and supply chains decarbonization strategies, and if required, help them with other climate targets such as being water positive or minimizing nature loss
- Help them set up their entities, and define data gathering strategies. Be their carbon footprint manger across Scope 1, 2, 3.
- Help them define their climate strategies and guide them through all purchases they make through the platform on decarbonization, renewable energy certificates, or water improvements.
- Help customers understand and use the product; configure their dashboards, guide them on gathering the information they need about their carbon footprint, water and nature management programs (if applicable)
What Sets You Apart:
- Working with and managing clients as part of our Sustainability and Climate Change team, you will ideally have 3+ years of experience in detailed carbon emissions management across Scope 1, 2, 3. You must have the following experience:
- Be recognised as a carbon accounting authority with a clear understanding of carbon accounting processes
- Define approaches required by organizations to set up a carbon accounting function
- Understand the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and related life-cycle assessment standards
- Develop and maintain client relationships that can be leveraged to expand existing business
- Actively engage on pursuits, bids, and sell-on opportunities to develop sales and commercial awareness/acumen
- Track market developments in sustainability protocols, life-cycles and supporting technologies
- Deliver complex presentations, lead discussions with senior management clients
- Active participation in the product positioning (e.g. by attending and speaking at different conferences and events, publishing articles, etc.)
- Drive process improvement through strong domain knowledge and technology-related tools within the given area of expertise
- Encourage, support, and enable individuals, exploring new ways to engage them and help identify the greater contributions they can make to the business.
- Set and communicate vision, goals and objectives in an inspiring and motivational manner and ensure staff have career and development plans and that these are achievable.
- Participate in or leads successful recruiting efforts, evaluating candidates against organisation/project needs and position/role demands
- A data-driven, client-focused and detail-oriented mindset;
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Reference ID: #LI-AL1 #LI-remote
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
Fireside offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
If this job and our culture sound like what you are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Fireside values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Fireside is an EEOC employer.
Fireside uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
More Information on FiscalNote
FiscalNote operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Washington, WA. FiscalNote was founded in 2013. It has 370 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 41 open jobs at FiscalNote, click here.
Read Full Job Description