Client Success Manager at Bottomline Technologies (Hampton Roads, VA)
At Bottomline Technologies, customer centricity is at the heart of our culture. Our number one guiding principle is to “Delight Customers” and we are committed to doing so through every interaction and touchpoint. Maximizing the business value we deliver throughout our customer for life cycle is essential to our customers’ success, their long-term loyalty and to our own growth and success.
We are looking to add a Client Success Manager to our fast growing Paymode-X team. As a Client Success Manager within Paymode-X, you are responsible for enriching the customer experience throughout our client for life cycle and driving account expansion through consultative, proactive engagement strategies in your assigned portfolio of clients.
As a CSM, you will lead your Clients to their desired outcomes and demonstrate the value of the strategic partnership with Bottomline Technologies. You will measure, monitor, and drive the adoption, health, and growth of your Clients throughout their journey, being the primary engagement point for Monthly and Quarterly reviews, as well as resolving any challenges and issues. You will work cross functionally to ensure Paymode-X teams are executing to enable your clients’ success. Finally, working closely with Sales, you will identify opportunities to expand clients by positioning and recommending additional products, solutions and services that will maximize their value from Bottomline.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Clients to Successful Outcomes
- Manage Paymode-X clients, establishing and maintaining relationships to become a trusted advisor.
- Execute Monthly and Quarterly reviews, including status of value realization, identifying areas of opportunity, and resolving open issues and challenges; as needed, conduct more frequent checkpoints and meetings depending on the phase of the client journey.
- Bring your experience with success plan best practices to align our Clients’ business goals and objectives with Bottomline’s products, solutions, and services.
- Leverage and enhance the use of data to analyze and drive Client usage, transaction volume, vendor enrollment, and other important health metrics
- Develop relationships with C-level executives within your client organizations to enhance the overall relationship, client stickiness, account expansion.
- Collaborate closely with Sales to drive new business within existing Clients by providing insights into goals, pain points, and key initiatives.
- Understand and present product roadmap highlights to Clients, articulating how the investments and innovations translate to business value.
- Ensure our Clients understand and take advantage of best practices through content, webinars, and other thought leadership.
- Defend against competition while identifying and mitigating any churn risk.
- Develop Deep Understanding of Client Base & Paymode-X
- Understand and be able to articulate the Paymode-X solutions, key Client use-cases, product features and releases
- Understand the Vendor Enrollment process, identifying areas for improvement and collaboration that will drive efficiency and higher enrollment rates.
- Understand your Clients’ businesses, markets, challenges, and opportunities
- Collaborate with Key Internal Stakeholders
- Advocate on behalf of Clients within all Paymode-X teams, collaborating across sales, vendor enrollment, marketing, product management, implementation services, operations, support, and executive leadership teams.
- Serve as an effective Client advocate for product direction within Paymode X, communicating key Client needs, requirements, and expected impact, while connecting Clients with our product team as necessary and facilitating enrollment in beta programs, as appropriate.
- Document and share stories and references with Marketing about successful clients and Paymode-X’s impact on their business, automation, security, etc., while also working with Marketing on targeted messaging and content, such as whitepapers, videos, collateral and other materials, as requested.
- Provide regular, recurring communications about the pulse of our Clients to key stakeholders, including directly to our CEO on a weekly basis.
- Update Salesforce and other business systems in a timely, accurate, and complete manner
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in Client facing roles within sales, success, account management, or professional services in an enterprise SaaS company, with a consultative selling background
- 4+ years of experience within a SaaS or payments business, preferably in FinTech/Services
- Experience developing relationships and influencing C-Suite decision makers
- Proven ability to drive sales and/or expansion within prospects and/or existing customers
- Experience building and executing success plans that drive clients to strategic objectives
- Process orientation, with a keen focus on Client goal achievement KPI’s.
- Rigorous attention to detail within CRM applications including activity, health and success plans, and opportunity tracking
- Proven ability to effectively engage with and navigate across corporate functions and the C Suite.
- Detailed-oriented, organized with effective time management skills.
- Listens well, exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Always positive, driven to excel, takes ownership, works collaboratively
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher, with a business or technical focus preferred
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline