Client Specialist at CNA
Under general supervision services all aspects of an agent's small commercial book of business by dealing directly with the Insured (client) to alleviate the responsibility of client servicing from agency personnel. This includes responding to service requests counseling on coverage making changes to existing accounts and selling new or enhanced business. This is a licensed position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Analyzes and completes complex policy transactions for all coverage lines within the required timeframes.
- Identifies or anticipates customer needs and recommends solutions and monitors results.
- Counsels client on coverages by interpreting coverage identifies gaps and recommends solutions.
- Regularly communicates with policyholders to convey commercial insurance products and coverage recommendations to prevent the potential for agent's errors and omissions.
- Identifies sales opportunities and uses consultative selling skills to write new business cross-sell coverages round accounts and to handle customer objections.
- Listens to the needs and concerns of the clients and works with team members to achieve mutual goals.
- May participate in setting pricing strategies and class of business for assigned territory.
- Maintains licenses by taking continuing education courses.
- Stays up to date on assigned territory the rules and regulations in the territory to handle customer's servicing and overall insurance needs.
- May underwrite low risk accounts within limited underwriting authority.
- May train and mentor less experienced staff.
Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Good understanding of insurance industry its products and services.
- Sound understanding of commercial lines and insurance contracts and how it applies to business development and determining business opportunity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Customer service focus and ability to resolve issues and problems.
- Results-oriented with the ability to work within fast-paced environment and to sell insurance coverages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Typically a minimum four years experience of commercial lines including good understanding of Auto WC General Liability and Property coverages.
- 220 license preferred, or ability to obtain licensure within 3 months of hire