Client Solutions Associate at Optiv (Kansas City, MO)
| Kansas City, MO
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:54 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
As a Client Solutions Associate, you’ll work closely with your sales business partners to ensure that security advisement for clients is first and foremost and ensuring that the overall Client Security First mantra is upheld.
The job of a Client Solutions Associate is to have a high-level understanding of the majority of our Global Focus Partner security solutions, and other Optiv partners. In addition, the Client Solutions Associate is expected to understand and position Optiv’s services portfolio to solve client’s security needs. You will be leading with Optiv’s express offerings and guiding clients through the buying cycle.
You will work as part of a team with other Client Solutions Associates, working with your Client Solutions Director. Client Solutions Associates will work with the Commercial Sales Organization as their business partners, targeting small to medium businesses and/or businesses that are looking to purchase security technology and services from Optiv in a more tactical consumption model.
Internally, the Client Solutions Associate will work in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment. They will be mentored by their Director, Client Solutions, other Advisors on the team, as well as a internal Optiv enablement team.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Work with client security and technology buyers to advise on security needs, develop plans for implementation of products and services, and position Optiv managed services for ongoing operations
- Understand and articulate Optiv’s Go-To-Market strategy in the Commercial segment and the value of specific offerings within the Optiv services portfolio to SMB customers
- Learn and become a master of Optiv’s Express Buying process
- Lead the qualification, scoping, and presentation of proposals
- Partner with sales team to meet quarterly and annual quota objectives
- Work with selling partners to identify key accounts and develop relationships with stakeholders becoming a trusted advisor and business partner.
- Collaborate with selling partners on quarterly and annual business plans
- Interface with internal delivery teams to ensure customer satisfaction with Optiv services, facilitate a smooth transition to service delivery, and ensure ongoing expectations are met.
- Position technology solutions and evaluations in partnership with Focus Partners
- Build and maintain relationships with peers from Focus Partners
- Pursue ongoing personal and professional development, including both technical and selling skills, through Optiv internal resources, formal education, and certifications
Qualifications for Success:
- BS/BA or equivalent and relevant work experience
- Hold, or demonstrate progress toward, appropriate industry certifications, examples include one or more of the following (or similar): SCP, GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, Security+
- A foundational understanding of, or experience with, TCP/IP networking & modern data center/cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with standard network/endpoint security controls (firewall, EDR, etc)
- Understanding of common security threats, vulnerabilities, and attack methodologies and able to communicate recommendations to clients in a clear manner
- Offensive security or application development experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Strong work ethic and adaptability in support of a fast-paced team environment
- Able to translate security concepts to technology generalists and non-technical buyers
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including solution pitching, technical whiteboarding, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a decentralized environment using remote collaboration tools
- Exceptional time management and personal organization skills
- Willingness and ability to travel within the assigned region
With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Optiv
Optiv operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in Denver, CO and Overland Park, KS. Optiv was founded in 2015. It has 1988 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 55 open jobs at Optiv, click here.
Read Full Job Description