Client Services Manager at SmartFinancial
Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in OC and one of the fastest-growing tech companies!
SmartFinancial is a leading insurance technology company working on building tools to make the insurance shopping process better, simpler and more effective. We are looking for an experienced Client Services Manager to help recruit, train and manage a team of Account Managers to deliver unparalleled support and services for our clients.
The Client Services Manager will be an exceptional communicator and team builder, while also having strong analytical and problem solving capabilities and the ability to teach and role model exemplary account management skills. We are looking for an experienced people manager who has a track record of building processes, developing and retaining teams, and is willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Oversee a small business unit within the Account Management department focused on retention of existing business and the onboarding of new clients
- Identify, nurture and inspire repeat business from key accounts
- Conduct weekly 1-1’s with team members focused on individual growth, development and success
- Conduct conference calls and/or Zoom meetings with Account Managers and key accounts, to deepen existing relationships and provide leadership for the Account Managers managing that business
- Work to prevent escalations and when necessary, mitigate them while looking for opportunities for future improvements for prevention
- Hold Account Managers and Team Leads accountable for their KPI’s, goals and client service responsibilities to our clients
- Audit accounts on a regular basis to ensure all accounts are being properly taken care of
- Participate in new hire recruitment, training, and continued education as needed
- Report to the Director of Client Services any obstacles, bottlenecks and/or operational challenges which might impede the department’s objectives
- Conduct regular performance reviews with team members to meet both individual and team goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- You have 5+ years of experience in B2B client services roles, including 3 years of management experience
- You have, or will commit to gaining, a strong understanding of the insurance business
- You have people leadership and team building skills
- You possess excellent communication skills
- You have a track record of being consistent and detail oriented, with strong analytical capabilities
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management, or another related field
- You have the ability to work with all levels of management
- This position is remote during COVID-19, with plans to be based in our Costa Mesa office in the future