Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time and who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically, and professionally.
What you will be doing
To ensure plan sponsors clearly understand the recordkeeping services and products adopted for their plan and the related roles and responsibilities of both the plan and the directed recordkeeper, the Client Retirement Plans Analyst applies his or her combined knowledge of retirement plan design concepts and principles and related products and services to draft and prepare plan administrative procedures and/or pre-approved plan documents that reflect the design and operation of the plan. The plan document reflects the provisions adopted by the plan sponsor; the administrative procedures reflect the plan sponsor's direction to the directed recordkeeper with respect to the adoption of products and services and outlines the roles and responsibilities regarding the ongoing administration and operation of the plan. The analyst will primarily support the ongoing development and maintenance of plan administrative procedures, including the drafting and automation of template content using content and/or document management technology, and will be responsible for ensuring content aligns with the direction provided by the plan sponsor and the pre-approved plan document.
- Review plan sponsor-directed change requests routed to team queues to ensure requirements are clearly stated. Partner with internal teams and/or peers as necessary to support the implementation of such changes. Implementation may include updating specific attributes in supporting systems and subsequently generating administrative procedures or plan documents to be delivered to the plan sponsor for review and execution.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding the administrative procedure templates and/or pre-approved plan documents supported by the team. (This role will primarily support all aspects of plan administrative procedures.)
- Evaluate requests from plan sponsor clients and/or advisors to customize template content and determine the potential impact and risk that may result from adoption. Consult with internal teams as necessary to limit the extent of customization and ensure underwriting and/or legal approval is received when applicable.
- Be a self-starter who proactively and regularly seeks out opportunities to increase conceptual and working knowledge of supporting systems and technology. This includes attending trainings and demonstrations, agile project team updates, and continued self-development. Primary systems utilized by the team include Adobe Experience Manager ("AEM Forms"), ServiceNow, Microsoft Office products, and proprietary systems used to input and store plan-level provisions and related data.
- Participate in and/or lead cross-functional project teams tasked with developing or vetting new or enhanced products and services and drafting administrative procedure templates that will govern the adoption and operation of the product by the plan sponsor. Partner and collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts from legal, product, and operational support teams to confirm internal operating procedures and leverage findings to draft content for client-facing documentation.
- Other projects and assignments as may be required to support the needs of the team and the business.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of plan document and design concepts and operational practices for 401k, profit sharing, 403(b), ESOP, Puerto Rico, 457, and nonqualified plans.
- Technical aptitude for systems and software applications, including document automation applications (i.e., Adobe Experience Manager), Microsoft Office (SharePoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and ability to learn proprietary systems through self-development and training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to work independently
Added bonus if you have:
- 4-year college degree with at least 3+ years of experience in retirement plan administration or related field.
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA), Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA), Qualified 401(k) Consultant (QKC), and/or Certified Pension Consultant (CPC) designation from the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA).
- Agile and Project Management experience
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations affecting plan design and plan documents.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$51,170-83,410
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.