Claims Regulatory Compliance Technician at CNA
Under general supervision, develops and maintains all documentation required for rate and form filings. Assures consistent and accurate submission of regulatory filings with state departments of insurance, and supports all staff in regulatory filings activities. Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for the administration and execution but not limited to the processing of the Adjuster Licenses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles state filing forms, rates, exhibits, statistical and supporting materials in the review and approval of policies.
- Remains externally focused while monitoring the state filing process to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance. Develops and distributes regular filing status reports for internal Company distribution per departmental guidelines.
- Accountable for updating and maintaining state filing tracking system and internal department processing system.
- Process filings via industry automation tool and manage the transfer of funds in support of these filings.
- Receives and distributes bulletins and notices regarding state filing.
- Performs bookkeeping of miscellaneous and regulatory state filing expenses.
- Coordinates projects as assigned.
- Participates and collaborates with team in interdepartmental meetings.
- May perform research in response to State Department of Insurance inquiries.
- May suggest modifications or additions to filing materials and may draft basic contract language.
- Responsible for the administration and execution but not limited to the processing of the Adjuster Licenses.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- General knowledge of the insurance industry, the business unit and products.
- Strong working knowledge of filings forms, regulations and postings.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software systems.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum two years relevant experience.