The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what's the role?
We are looking to add a Claims Onboarding Specialist to our growing team! As a Claims Onboarding Specialist, you will work closely with Claims leadership to establish and maintain an onboarding experience for new employees that embodies Kin’s culture and work/life standards. In this position you will work as the advocate between new employees and leadership to minimize the administrative and personal needs of someone new to the workplace currently placed on leadership, while providing a seamless transition for the employee.
A day in the life could include:
- Providing support and/or council for employees regarding work related and/or personal conflicts as they maneuver through a new work environment
- Providing continued guidance on understanding company compensation, benefit programs, required licensing, and incentive programs
- Establishing, monitoring, and holding new employees accountable for outlined training platforms specific to their role
- Identifying, executing, and tracking technical and interpersonal skills training needed to improve overall employee skills, abilities, performance and overall engagement
- Coordinating and guiding leadership meetings as employee/management liaison to facilitate communication between parties and to provide support and resolution recommendations
- Supporting diversity and inclusion strategies of the business to include or recommending company wide Employee Resource Group programs
- Preparing reports and communications to provide Claims leadership an overall assessment of employee relations trends, job progression and growth potential
- Creating ongoing creative initiatives such as: recognition programs, chat/work groups and other creative methods/tools
- Creating, planning, and implementing ongoing employee engagement activities to maintain active engagement in a virtual work environment
- Creating and preparing monthly employee newsletter
In the event of a catastrophic event, overtime and weekend shifts will be required
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration, or 3 years work related experience
- Empathy towards others
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, team environment with limited structure
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Suite or similar tools; ideally comfortable navigating multiple tools and windows at the same time
- A need for efficiency, always looking for ways to make processes better
- Experience maintaining an electronic filing system
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.