Claims Manager at Horace Mann (Dallas, TX)
Claims Manager - BI
Horace Mann Educators Corporation
The Claims Manager reports to the Company Director of Claims and provides strategic direction and leadership for the Claims functions. Proactively participates with the leadership team and functional department staff in developing and executing plans to meet business objectives.
- Provides direction and leadership for the Claims operation. Plans and implement strategic and tactical claims operational improvements to affect positive claims outcomes and elite service to our customers.
- Provides leadership for severity management.
- Communicates significant business results, claim developments and trends to the Director of Claims.
- Monitors, analyzes, and drives organizational performances to assure continuous improvement.
- Attracts, coaches, and develops talent through constructive feedback and a high level of engagement.
- Provides technical advice, direction and mentoring to Claims staff.
- Collaborates with business partners to establish performance standards and methodical training.
- Lead special projects, change initiatives, including directly working with our training and QA team.
- Bachelor’s degree, professional insurance designation or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of claims leadership experience.
- Adjuster license is mandatory.
- Strong technical understanding of injury claims handling.
- Strong insurance acumen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain appropriate state license in the jurisdictions where business is conducted.
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice