Claims Intake Representative at CNA
Under limited supervision answer incoming Intake and Customer Service calls and emails. The hours of this role will be starting between 10 am – 12 pm ET for a 7.5 hour shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and responds to incoming phone calls and emails by providing response by telephone and/or in writing within designated time frames.
- Enter first notice of loss information into appropriated claim applications by determining appropriate line of business and loss type.
- Provide assistance to our callers - insureds, agents, and providers using our systems applications and by reaching out by chat to our internal business partners.
- Is accountable to validate and locate missing policy information prior to entering default information and/or following special handling instructions for claim routing.
Typically Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels
- Build rapport with our customers and strong relationships with your colleagues by demonstrating teamwork and collaboration
- General knowledge of the insurance industry
- Act with a sense of urgency to provide superior service to our customers and internal business partners by taking ownership to see things through to a timely resolution.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and proactively to identify and resolve problems
- Solid organizational and follow up skills needed along with the ability to work in a call center environment
- Embrace existing and new technology, effectively utilizes desktop tools to multi-task and deliver efficient customer service.
Education and Experience
1. High school diploma GED or equivalent experience.
2. Typically a minimum six months to one year typing data entry or call center experience preferred.