We love pets - which is why we’re on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their parents. We offer pet insurance policies with generous pet health benefits that are designed with their needs in mind. We’ve helped half a million pets stay happy and healthy since 2017 - and many more customers throughout the world are joining us every day. We’ve won numerous awards, have offices in the USA, UK, and Sweden - and we now employ over 400 people globally.
Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year. We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn.
Our company is fast-moving, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their wellbeing. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people who are able to bring their whole selves to work every day. Throughout our business you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to try new things. Want to join our pack? Join us. Love every moment. Love ManyPets.
We're on an impressive journey to make the world a better place for pet-parents. We have ambitious growth plans and ManyPets has seen huge success since we launched In the USA earlier in 2021. (We're now live In 28 states and cover 35% of the market - with more to come over the next 12 months!) In this role, you’ll help our customers through the claims process, ensuring claims are handled properly, dealt with at pace, and always with empathy.
This is an amazing opportunity to be one of the first on the ground in our new Claims team, helping to set the standards and build the culture as we grow. You'll be part of a customer-centric team that always puts our policyholders and their pets first. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with the freedom and innovation that comes from a start-up, coupled with the security and support of our wider global company behind you.
- Helping customers define their insurance needs and answering any questions during the quote journey, closing sales through exceptional customer service.
- Swiftly and accurately processing pending claims in accordance with our company policy, policy terms and conditions, and the Department of Insurance ("DOI") regulations.
- Managing a wide range of customer queries and requests through several channels (email, telephone, social media etc.)
- Providing superb customer support to policyholders, allowing them to promptly resolve questions and complaints. You'll make sure their needs are understood and our service standards are maintained.
- Handling any complaints constructively - in line with company and DOI guidelines.
- Escalating tricky complaints to the Team Leader as needed, ensuring a prompt and effective resolution.
- Carrying out investigations to ensure all relevant documents and information have been evaluated and checked, prior to completing the claim.
- Identifying possible fraudulent or questionable claims and alerting your Team Leader to any potential risks.
- Adhering to our legal and regulatory (DOI) policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with requirements.
- Playing an active part in the development and training of your peers - ensuring the wider team has the best cross-functional coverage.
- Identifying and sharing trends and potential issues or risks - escalating them as needed.
- Providing feedback for development of new products by the Product team.
- Championing product and process improvements to benefit the overall customer experience.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You'll have high emotional intelligence and you’re known for your empathy and compassion.
- You're an active listener - questioning, summarizing, and reflecting with understanding.
- Your colleagues describe you as flexible and adaptable - ambiguity doesn't faze you and you are someone who's focused on outcomes.
- You're all about customers! You get under the skin of our customers which allows you to create the best outcomes for our policyholders.
- You have exceptional time management skills - you can easily plan your own workload and don't need too much supervision to get things done.
- You make a good decision - trusting your own pragmatic judgment and being led by data.
- You'll likely be from a veterinary background - you could have experience as a technician, receptionist or hospital manager.
- You'll bring high accuracy, quality, and attention to detail - with experience of managing complex documentation and regulated record-keeping.
- Insurance and Claims experience a plus, ideally in pet or health product lines.
- You'll be licensed as a property and casualty producer and adjuster - or be willing to obtain yours within first 30 days.
- As you'll be on the telephone to our customers, you'll need to be fluent in English and have a clear and confident communication style.
- Ideally, you'll have an Undergraduate degree in Animal Science or a related field. We appreciate that not everyone is able to attend further education, so we're also very open to life experience as well as formal qualifications.
We believe diversity, belonging and inclusion are more than just words or things we should be 'seen' to be doing. Having diversity at the core of our business makes us stronger - and the responsibility for creating an inclusive workplace rests with all of us. We believe Black Lives Matter and we want you to join a company that makes unbiased choices and is committed to being anti-racist. If you'd like to read more about this, please download our Approach to Inclusion pack.
We promise to give you the same opportunities as everyone else and we won’t discriminate against you at any point in the process. This includes how we source talent, our interview process, our conditions of employment (including pay) and feedback.Hybrid-Working
Everything changed overnight when the pandemic happened. Suddenly everything was different: whether we were in a home office, spare room, or makeshift desk: we were working on our own and dealing with Zoom calls, bad Wi-Fi, and a very different working day. We now work from home and our company office, so we've created our Making Work, Work guide, which explains it all.
We offer a fantastic range of company benefits to suit everyone in a remote-first world, with a focus on supporting our physical and mental wellbeing. Coupled with a generous holiday allowance and regular care packs, we’re always looking for new ways to look out for our people.Our Values
Our company values drive everything we do - and they are:
Show You Care | Do The Right Thing | Think Big | Work Together | Be TenaciousConnect With Us!
LinkedIn | Instagram: UK USA Sweden| Facebook: UK USA Sweden | Twitter: UK USA | TikTok | Glassdoor | Indeed | FeeFo | Trustpilot | CrunchbaseReasonable Adjustments and Support
If you need any help, support or advice at any point during the hiring process please email our Inclusion Council in complete confidence. Our Inclusion Council is a cross-functional group of people from our global business - and they are not the hiring managers for this role. We're here to make sure everyone has a fair and equitable experience when they're considering joining us. If you want to talk or ask any questions, we are here to listen (and we'll do what we can to flex our approach to a process that suits you.)