Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
In this role, you will serve as the CEO’s trusted advisor to help the company perform at the highest level. You’ll assist in driving our annual planning process, our quarterly board reviews, evaluate the efficacy of processes across the organization, reporting on the health of the industry, incubate new initiatives, and report all your findings in a clear and concise way to our CEO & Founder as well as our Leadership team. You’ll work across the organization to share important information, and ensure tight alignment on company goals and OKRs.
This is a great role for a deeply strategic and organized person to join the leadership team, and be a right hand to our CEO.
You must be a clear communicator, strong collaborator, able to sort through ambiguity, willing to work in a fast paced and unpredictable environment, and enjoy solving problems at any scale, tenaciously.
- Develop intimate knowledge of Wheel’s business and organization in order to strategically connect the dots for and with leaders as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist CEO on key initiatives, spanning across departments, to meet our growth objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive the strategic planning process ending with an org-wide set of initiatives and objectives and key results OKRs.
- Develop a process and cadence of reviewing our strategic objectives and associated initiatives that highlight required adjustments (monthly and/ or quarterly) based on trended results.
- Drive structure and rigor into our quarterly business reviews (QBR) process, including definition of metrics to be reviewed in order to ensure that we are tracking to our commitments for revenue, operations, etc.
- Lead holistic Leadership team operations, including coordination of work streams, meeting and offsite agendas, building and managing decks for internal and external meetings, timely follow-ups, and guiding decisions at the highest levels of the company.
- Structure and manage communication from the Leadership team to the broader team and surface key issues for the Leadership team’s awareness and action.
- Project manage board meeting preparation and creation of board meeting materials as well as owning action items.
- Identify and take on ad-hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives to providing leadership support as needed. Serve as a role model for the organization and display ownership at all levels.
- Anticipate and avert problems before they arise.
- 8+ years experience; background in top tier management consulting and/or high growth technology organization
- Experience leading transformational organizations at a rapid high-growth scale
- Strong track record of proving the ability to frame meaningful decisions and drive critical projects
- Strong experience in synthesizing complex data and simplifying the information to a wide audience
- Demonstrated experience leading high-impact projects for the business, especially those which innovate, improve business execution and/or span the organization
- Excellent time management, intentional prioritization, ability to maintain and curate backlog
- MBA or Bachelors Degree in Business (or related field) preferred