Chief of Staff at Level (Remote)
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
About the role:
The Chief of Staff serves as an extension to CEO to lead strategic initiatives. This is an operational role to bring executive visions into reality. We're looking for an experienced Chief of Staff to help drive the strategic decisions as we continue to scale at a rapid rate.
- Act as thought partner to the CEO on all aspects of corporate strategy
- Understand and actively participate in full scope of running a dynamic, growing technology company - both internally and externally
- Drive the annual business planning process and work intimately with the senior leadership team to shape strategic priorities
- Own content, strategy and agendas for executive meetings, offsite, and Board of Directors meetings
- Build strong relationships with executive team members to influence decision-making across the organization
- Manage budgets and costs
- Minimum of 5-8 years of work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or technology leadership roles with proven track record of success
- Director-level operating experience (e.g., marketing, product, business development) and online or marketplace experience a plus
- Prior experience in a Chief of Staff role also preferred
- Strong program management skills to drive multiple initiatives in a changing environment with limited supervision
- Experience navigating complex / matrixed business organizations and negotiating optimal solutions across cross-functional teams
- Analytic, strategic and structured thinker with entrepreneurial drive
- Clear and effective communicator both virtual and in-person
- High integrity, trusted advisor with high EQ and low ego
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payment
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program:
- E-Verify Notice (bilingual)
- Right to Work Notice (English) / (Spanish)