Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF, Chicago, and NYC . This role can be based anywhere in the U.S as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Vouch is looking for a Chief of Staff to help our CEO + senior leadership team manage complex strategic opportunities for the business. In your role, you’ll work directly w/ our CEO + help identify new opportunities that grow our business, support corporate development + investor relations, serve as a liaison, helping to “connect the dots” across the leadership team and partner cross-functionally across Vouch on key projects. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone with a high degree of curiosity capable of juggling multiple projects + excellent communication skills and attention to detail - you understand what matters, to whom, and when.
- Help our CEO prepare, coordinate and follow through on key decisions, forums and meetings
- Excellent communicator - can clearly explain the problem you're trying to solve, can get buy-in for your solution, and can effectively communicate with concise, clear language
- Great project management & collaboration skills - know how to get things done when there are a lot of stakeholders + focus on the key priorities, and can juggle multiple priorities.
- Good working knowledge of the internal workings of startups - develop a deep understanding for the needs / responsibilities / success metrics of different functions within Vouch and their interdependencies
- Support special projects for the CEO, including but not limited to corporate development, investor relations, and strategy.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, computer science, finance, or other equivalent rigorous or practical experience
- 3-5+ years work experience in fast-paced and analytical work environments such as strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, or equivalent experience at scaling startups
- 1+ years experience with a high growth company / fast-scaling startup
- Entrepreneurial with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity; your scope + projects will change over time
- Strong project management skills
- Low ego and strong ability to lead through influence
- Experience in insurance and/or fintech a plus
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]. #LI-Remote