Category Manager at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
Brightspeed has an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to join our team! Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing, you will focus on developing the vision and direction within the IT, Indirect, and Direct categories across the Brightspeed enterprise. The successful candidate will play a lead role in aligning with Brightspeed’s business goals and driving end-to-end category strategy, performance effectiveness, efficiency, value, and contract negotiation. You will build collaborative relationships with internal business partners as well as strategic relationships with external suppliers. You will have demonstrated experience in defining and driving industry best practices and develop recommendations for enhanced business performance. You will also actively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and interface with all levels of management to negotiate and drive transformational/complex deals. Come join the team that will build the fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Category Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate closely with senior level business partners to understand their priorities, strategies, challenge and, assess and manage expectations and drive alignment on end-to-end category strategy
- Earn the business partner’s respect and serve as a Trusted Advisor and Business Leader by demonstrating proven category expertise
- Plan and propose strategies that best support the business, create efficiencies, and provide outstanding performance. Areas of focus include contract negotiation, contract management, supplier management, and RFx bidding activities as needed.
- Partner with the business to eliminate unnecessary spend, maximize value, and lead process workflow to include guiding and influencing toward best practices, lead negotiations and execution, and define benchmarks and program performance
- Stay current and leverage the industry best practices, game-changing strategies, and technology trends to drive World Class standards.
- Assist with the development of Brightspeed’s Procure to Pay process and associated procurement systems including testing participation as needed.
- Drive continuous optimization of supply base with input on performance management measures and process enhancement
- Drive strategy implementation to enhance efficiency, process and performance improvement and build foundations for trusted partnerships
- Oversee management of business and financial issues (budget, annual scopes, staffing and annual contracts/addendums, renewals etc.) and effectively develops relationships to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure operational excellence and effective communications with internal and external partners
- Coordinate appropriate Supplier reviews focused on performance, opportunity, and innovation
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience specifically in the areas of Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, consulting, or comparable functional experience
- Experience with program and change management
- Advanced category experience and proven experience in leading transformational change
- Experience creating collaborative relationships and developing category strategies or longer-term strategic plans/initiatives
- Experience developing process, process improvements and policy implementation and oversight
- Supplier performance management experience including reviews
- Results/Metrics driven with strong financial base
- Industry benchmarking experience
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently
- Passion for research, insight generation and strategic thinking
- Empathetic, collaborative mindset that can navigate/influence a complex matrix organization to solve problems
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record of delivering value and results
- Ability to navigate through complex/matrix organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to influence senior leader audiences
- Ability to articulate and simplify complex initiatives in a concise, effective manner to senior leaders
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Advanced proficiency in building leadership PPT presentations (visually telling a story)
- Extensive Professional & Supplier network
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer