Case Manager at Mighty (Remote)
Mighty is looking to hire a Case Manager who will be instrumental in delivering legal services. You will be a self-motivated collaborator who values communication and integrity to help clients navigate the legal process and reach their goals faster. The Case Manager will be responsible for assisting the team by managing pre-suit documents and tasks, handling legal research and writing, drafting of legal documents, and managing the case flow for our partner law firms to ensure that their clients obtain the best experience and outcome. You will also help to develop and drive processes and best practices for personal injury litigation, and have a passion for integrating tech into your practice. You will understand the fundamental value of independent work while collaborating across a cross-functional team environment and provide extraordinary service to clients. This role will be fully remote (US Only).
- Deliver an exceptional client experience through proactive communication and advocacy
- Assist in managing personal injury cases, including client intake and case setup; communication with clients, adjusters, medical providers and third parties related to the case; monitoring and reviewing case documents, treatment and medical/bill records
- Draft and prepare legal documents with client information, including LOR’s; ORRs; Medical/Bill Records Requests; Demand Packages; Subrogation; Reductions
- Act as insurance expert and liaison with all insurance carriers to drive a fast and effective resolution
- Be an all-star communicator to all stakeholders in each personal injury case
- Help create best practices and processes for personal injury that go far beyond diary dating and spreadsheet reminders
- Engage with technology to create efficiencies and a better personal injury experience
- Be ruthlessly organized and pay attention to detail
- Have 3+ years of insurance, legal, or medical case management experience, with majority of that experience in Personal Injury
- Are creative and have a desire to innovate and streamline processes
- Are capable of adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience in a non-traditional or startup work environment
- Are a self-motivated team player
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are comfortable with change, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Are technically proficient and have experience with cloud-based legal providers
- Are highly organized and have strong problem-solving skills
Nice to Have:
- Fluent in Spanish (or a language other than English)
- In the first 30 days you will learn our business and how we work. You will familiarize yourself with the systems, existing process and start to work on new client intake. You may also take on some existing clients.
- In the first 30-60 days you start to build out your caseload. You will understand the existing process and start looking for ways to improve it and add your own best practices to the team’s work.
- In the first 60-90 days will have a fairly full caseload now and will be working on your first demand packages and negotiations. You will now be getting familiar with the data from the systems and will start to build a speciality on the team (e.g. PD expert, state or case type expertise).
The hiring process is a two way street! We want to find someone for whom Mighty is the perfect fit. Please ask us lots of questions to ensure you are learning what you need to learn about us. Here is an overview of how and what we will be assessing throughout the process:
- A conversation with hiring manager, VP of Client Experience, Maly Ohrenschall
- A conversation with our TA Manager, Weronika Pajdak, to go over HR questions
- Virtual Face-to-Face
- Peer interview with member of Client Experience team (paralegal role) to assess skill set baseline, cultural add and customer focus
- An technical focused interview with our attorney () to dig into legal expertise and technical knowledge
- A stakeholder alignment interview to assess cross-functional communication - either Product or Ops Lead
- A conversation with Hiring Manager to review/present case study and finalize technical knowledge assessment stressing insurance/industry expertise
- A conversation with Mighty's CEO x Founder, Joshua Schwadron
Salary: We are offering a salary of up to $60,000-$70,000 dependent on experience plus equity and benefits described below
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!