Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
Here at Transfix, we are not only building incredible technology solving some of the world’s biggest, most complex, and most important challenges in the freight and logistics industry; We are also helping protect our environment and are passionate about making the world a better place by increasing sustainability and eliminating the extreme amount of waste that currently exists in our industry.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Transfix works with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
About the Role:
Transfix is on an exciting growth path, and we are looking for and we are looking for a Carrier Coordinator to help support our incredible carrier network - the truckers and trucking companies that make sure that all goods are delivered to those who need them quickly, safely, and efficiently.
This role is for you if you are someone who thrives when you’re building strong, trusting relationships with customers. You know that solving problems is only part of the challenge that comes with strong customer service - it’s also (over)communication, a positive, welcoming attitude, and follow through. In this role, no two days are alike! You’ll work alongside our other talented, passionate, and carrier-obsessed Carrier Coordinators and team leads to keep the flow of communication and support.
If you are a hospitality, retail, or customer service pro who can think quickly on your feet, enjoys heavy multitasking in a fast-paced environment where the time flies, and want to be a part of a rapidly expanding company with endless opportunities for growth, please keep reading!
In this Role You Will:
- Deliver on our promise of freight visibility by training drivers and dispatchers on using our proprietary app, troubleshooting issues & updating status throughout the life of a shipment
- Proactively reach out to our customers as needed to intercept challenges before they escalate. When things do escalate, you can escalate to the right people
- Provide world-class service to our carriers by deeply understanding their operational requirements in order to provide an overall positive experience with carriers partners
- Maintain constant communication with carrier throughout the life cycle of the shipment
- Find nimble solutions to shipment issues real-time to ensure that we meet our carriers and customers’ needs in the face of any obstacles
- Prioritize carrier relationships to make us the digital broker of choice
- Meticulously follow our standard operating procedures and contribute to their continuous improvement
- Partner with the rest of the Carrier Coordinator team and the rest of our Carrier Growth & Account Management teams to continuously improve on best practices and processes that will best serve our carriers
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if:
- You put strong communication above all: you understand how to engage with internal and external stakeholders in all formats - verbal, written, presentational
- You know how to actively listen to proactively determine your customers’ challenges, help solve their problems, and therefore, build trusting and strong relationships
- You’re scrappy, and unafraid to challenge the status quo. We are disrupting a very large, complex industry, so we simply can’t afford to sit still!
- You are a time management wiz. You can figure out how to prioritize tasks and can get multiple tasks done at once, using a range of tech mediums
- You have technical savviness. If you don’t know a tool, you can learn it quickly. Here at Transfix, we use our own app, Slack, Gmail, phone, and other methods of communication constantly!
- You can be flexible to work the occasional night or weekend if needed (Trucking is a 24/7 operation!)
- You have a positive attitude, and are competitive with yourself but know that it takes a team to be successful and believe that there’s room for everyone at the top.
You’re a Mile Ahead if You Have (Not required but nice to have!):
- 1+ years of experience in logistics, operations, and/or customer support
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree, or equivalent experience
- Military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply!
Transfix is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our hiring, programming, and in our work both internally and externally. We recognize how critical diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are to achieving our mission, our growth, and our success. In support of this commitment, some of our focuses include (but are not limited to):
-Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
-Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
-Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
-Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
-Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Transfix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Transfix are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. It is Transfix’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Transfix does not and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Transfix encourages applicants of all ages.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.