Join VillageMD as a Care Transitions Liaison
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Care Transitions Liaison to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Care Transitions Liaison will partner with our VillageMD Primaria team to serve as a patient advocate by providing face to face disease state education to make sure our patients being discharged from Community Health Network (CHNw) hospitals have a safe and successful transition to their home.
Could this be you?
Integral to our Care Navigation team, the Care Transitions Liaison will work closely with our inpatient case management teams to coordinate consults, referrals and community resources to support the patient upon discharge from Community Health Network (CHNw) hospitals.
How you can make a difference
- Work with practices to inform them of patient discharges from CHNw hospitals
- Collaborate with CHNw staff to inform them of pre-admission patient medications, recent imaging, labs, office visits, and care plan
- Collaborate with CHNw staff to facilitate a smooth transition home or to another care setting.
- Facilitate patient follow up with the practice
- Facilitate referrals to CHNw Primary Care at Home program, Interactive Voice Response program, Primaria High-Risk Care Navigators and/or Social Services team members, and other referrals as appropriate
Skills for success
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 3+ years of direct, clinical nursing experience
- Registered Nurse with current licensure in the state of practice
- 2 years of case management experience
- Care management experience in a setting that requires assessment, critical thinking and application
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
- Utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining and reporting
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.