Care Partner - Bilingual at Thyme Care (Nashville, TN)
Thyme Care is an oncology digital health start-up that’s focused on radically improving the cancer experience with early and ongoing intervention. We help individuals with cancer and their caregivers, clinicians, health plans, and employers by coordinating integrated care that leads to better results, lower costs, and aligned incentives. Every Thyme Care member is assigned a personalized team of physician-guided oncology nurses and resource specialists who provide education, guidance, and advocacy as they navigate the complex healthcare system. We facilitate quick access to quality resources and high-value care, coordinating directly with providers and offering support every step of the way. Our high-touch, tech-enabled model generates actionable insights that allow us to identify at-risk members earlier and offer them the most relevant support based on where they are in their cancer journey—closing gaps in care and eliminating excess spend.
As a Care Partner, you will be on the frontlines serving patients diagnosed with cancer as their advocate and navigator throughout the continuum of care. In this role you will spend a significant portion of your time each day listening to your patient’s needs, helping them surface their goals and priorities, and assisting their interactions with healthcare providers to enable them to make informed decisions and have access to the right care and resources at the right time. You will be a liaison and coordinator between your patients and those involved in their care: physicians, specialists, and the patient’s health insurance plan. As a Care Partner, you will be a strong advocate for your patients and ensure each one receives culturally-competent care. Additionally, you will consistently focus on improving Thyme Care’s service offerings and communicating feedback from patients and providers back to our leadership team. The compensation for this role be $24.04 per hour (which comes out to about $50,000 per year).
After your first three months you will:
- Have completed training and have gotten up to speed on Thyme Care systems, tools, technology, partners, and the Care team.
- Have Begun contacting patients to inform them of Thyme Care’s services and ways we can support them as they begin their cancer care journey. You’re also building strong, trusting relationships with your patients, where listening and empathy are the foundation for every interaction you have with them.
- Be able to explain the benefits of Thyme Care’s program and services in such a way that both patients and caregivers understand how we can help them, at no cost to them, and enroll them in our program.
- Know where to go to help connect patients with financial grants, transportation, medical equipment, nutritional support, and any resource they need; you’re working with their healthcare providers and services and are helping coordinate appointments, diagnostics, and treatments.
After a year you will:
- Become an invaluable partner to our patients, guiding them to the right resources and information to support them throughout their care journey.
- You’ve helped the Thyme Care team improve our products and services in tangible ways by relaying real feedback from patients and providers back to our Product and Care teams. You are constantly on the lookout to improve effectiveness and quality of our work with patients.
What leads to success:
- Bilingual. For this role, you must speak Spanish fluently.
- Patient-first. Thyme Care’s mission and members matter to you, deeply. You are empathetic, and desire to understand problems and help people solve them; especially this one. You’re passionate about assisting people and their families during one of the most challenging seasons in their lives.
- Expertise. Deep experience in service-oriented roles in relevant fields. This might be in healthcare, wellness, home healthcare, social work, counseling, community health, behavioral health, clinical call centers, spiritual care, life and career coaching, birth or end-of-life doula work, or caregiving.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are winsome and articulate, but you always start with listening and you hear what may not be voiced, because you listen so intently to others. You build rapport and great working relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- A desire to learn how to use new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. Experience with video chatting, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records or comfort with learning new software applications is important. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use tools like the ones listed above yet, our team will be excited to help you learn.
- Bias to action. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something. You’re always solving problems and going the extra mile for others.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring all employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject only to conflicting laws and approved exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
We recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Care Partner Expectations:
The Thyme Care team culture is one of inclusion and support. We are a collaborative team, that works together to make the cancer journey easier for all enrolled members. The Care Team is composed of team members who are clinical cancer experts and are dedicated to providing support to Thyme Care Partners and members. In addition to our Clinical and Care Partners, our Care Team Manager is committed to being engaged and involved with day to day needs on the team and resolving any issues quickly.
Thyme Care Care Partners
- Should be available on a predetermined 8 hour shift. You will have an unpaid 30-minute break and two 15-minute breaks daily.
- You must ensure a quiet work environment during your scheduled shift.
- Thyme Care Partners mostly make outbound calls, but they are also responsible for answering inbound calls, especially when the clinical staff is not available.
The compensation for this role is hourly. There is a flexible PTO policy, with a recommendation of 15-20 days off per year. PTO should be requested 30 days in advance and approved by your manager, where appropriate. It is important and imperative that the care team gets time off to rejuvenate and take time to care for yourself. Therefore, we work hard to accommodate PTO requests.
This role is eligible for overtime (time and a half pay), upon manager approval. If you cannot wrap something up within your 40 hour work week you must let your team leader / manager know in advance of working > 40 hours.
There are some company holidays, in which the care team will be expected to be available to assist and enroll new members. Care Partners will be paid a holiday pay rate those days at a time and a half rate. You will be asked to work some (not all) holidays.
Thyme Care offers a weekly lunch stipend on Thursdays of $15 through GrubHub. We encourage the care team to attend and take time to interact with other members of the organization during this time.
The organization offers a $75/month stipend to pay for your personal cell phone. While you are not expected to communicate with members via your personal phone, we want to provide a helping hand in paying for your personal expense of a cell phone.
Thyme Care will purchase all needed equipment, up to $200 (not including your laptop) to ensure you have what you need to work at home successfully.
The Care Team comes together once each quarter, in-person, at our corporate office in Nashville, TN. Thyme Care will cover travel and all expenses for these meetings. This provides a great forum for the Care Team to work together and get to know each other better.
You will be provided with an evaluation and performance review with your manager annually. Throughout the year, you will be provided with coaching sessions from our quality operations team, as well as your manager.