Care Coordinator - Black Community Offering at Included Health (Minneapolis, MN)
| Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:11 a.m. (CST) on Monday, April 25, 2022
Included Health Communities:
Our Included Health Communities offerings provide dedicated care concierge and guidance to members of specific communities, such as the LGBTQ+ and Black communities, to ensure they benefit from high-quality healthcare that meets their unique needs. By connecting people to culturally competent providers and educating and advocating for them when they need it most, we strive to ensure everyone has access to equitable and inclusive healthcare.
Our dedicated LGBTQ+ care concierge service empowers our members through education, connects them with high-quality culturally competent providers, and advocates for them when they need it most.
By developing a specialized healthcare offering for members of the Black community, we are working to remove barriers to care, improve the healthcare experience, and advance health equity for Black members nationwide. We are partnering with several leading Fortune 500 companies to develop this new care guidance and advocacy program and plan to launch the new offering in 2022.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about advocating for the Black community. You understand the pain, frustration, and/or uncertainty associated with navigating the healthcare system as a Black individual. You have experience solving problems for, and advocating on behalf of, members of a community. You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership of your work and you proactively go the extra mile for others. You like a challenge and are eager to collaborate with your fellow team members to research and find solutions. You are comfortable with both written and verbal communication to many groups of people, including members, resource groups, and doctors' offices.
What You’ll Do:
- Have full ownership of Included Health’s member requests to support them through their entire healthcare journey. This will include helping members to find culturally competent providers, answering health plan benefits questions, and connecting members to relevant resources
- Proactively and creatively solve complex member issues, both independently and with other members of the Included Health care team, to reach the best possible outcome for members
- Advocate for members with vendors, health plans, and other organizations
- Communicate with your members in a timely manner and follow up on their requests diligently
- Communicate via email and on the phone with members, provider’s offices, health plans, and other organizations
- Learn and become proficient in all of Included Health’s operational tools including member CRM, workflow management tools, telephony systems, and GSuite
- Build out resources to be utilized within the team and for members
Who We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrates advocacy and customer service qualities
- Track record in handling inbound and outbound calls, and data entry, or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with an attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage the member portfolio independently
- Comfortable in an ever changing environment and flexible and adaptable to new systems and tools.
- Able to brainstorm and think critically
- Self-sufficient in navigating multiple technology systems to support day-to-day workflow
- Able to quickly build rapport with members from various walks of life
- Familiarity with the US healthcare system, navigating health insurance, and the patient experience (preferred, but not required)
Target training/start date for this role is May 23, 2022.
This role is virtual/remote. However, preference is given to candidates residing within 2 hours of the following cities:
- Lewiston, ME
- Minneapolis, MN
- Orlando, FL
- Reno, NV
- San Antonio, TX
#LI-Remote #LI-SanAntonio #LI-Orlando #LI-Reno #LI-Minneapolis #LI-Maine
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description