CAPE RAS Application Support at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all fun.
About the team
This team supports the RAS reporting application that is part of our overall Banking Core Outsourcing division. The RAS application runs on the Hadoop platform. We produce critical reports and extracts for the Banks that we host as well as on-demand reports via our UI.
What you will be doing
This role will be supporting the RAS Application and building out new environments on the Hadoop Platform. This is a very fast-paced environment with a fast-growing number of new banks coming onto the platform.
- Evaluate, design, code, implement, optimize, and modify databases and database applications with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- May build windows, screens, and reports and assist in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
- Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in a client-server environment.
- Provides expertise in devising, negotiating, and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Adapts business requirements, developed by business systems analysts/modeling/development staff and develops data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application.
- Models databases and develops tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects.
- Maintains database dictionaries, monitors overall database standards/procedures, and integrates systems through database design.
- Works closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties are assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience working with database utilities on Unix servers; Linux/RedHat is highly preferred
- Experience working with multiple scripting languages including Bash, Korn, and Python
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative, and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency to create and support database technical environments
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of managing a Hadoop Cluster
- Knowledge of CAPE RAS Application
- Experience collaborating with an offshore team
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.