Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry’s explosive growth is creating new openings for experienced Managers. Qualified candidates should be able to thrive in our vigorous & dynamic company atmosphere.
The Business Unit (POD) Manager leads a matrixes team of technical specialists in operations dedicated to an industry. A POD is a mix of engineers, case managers, & production control coordinators, and the POD Manager provides the day-to-day direction towards the successful delivery of parts & assemblies to our customers. This role is accountable for the full lifecycle to produce a part/assembly, from the time of order placement through job completion, shipping, and the ultimate satisfaction of the customer. The individual in this position will have responsibility for design for manufacturability reviews, job/partner kickoffs, job project management, risk detection, shipping logistics, post-delivery issues resolution, quality improvement, and the P&L of the entire effort. The individual in this role is a player/coach and continuously discerns when to step in and assist the team and when to step back and allow the team to self-manage.
- Support the successful fulfillment of customer contractual requirements related to the delivery and quality of our supplier delivered products and services.
- Lead the day to day activities of a matrixes team of business & technical specialists.
- Coach and offer guidance and assistance to team members to further mature their problem-solving techniques.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews with the team for continuous improvement and adherence to processes and procedures inclusive of DFM reviews, case history logs, and Zendesk queue management.
- Provide input on individual and team performance and career development guidance to the direct manager.
Customer and Partner Relationship Management
- Provide excellent customer service by forming relationships with customers within the POD and ensuring that they receive updates as required.
- Foster long-standing and meaningful relationships with suppliers and work towards building ever-stronger relationships.
- Know supplier capabilities and coordinate with the Partner Management Team on supplier performance activities inclusive of root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Effectively communicate and interface with all the key stakeholders of the POD; including suppliers, customers, case management, engineering, quality management, software, and procurement.
- Monitor, drive, and improve upon key performance indicators (KPIs) to achieve company goals, including on-time shipping, quality, and margin. Identify risks and opportunities and proactively drive improvement initiatives.
- Work with Quality Assurance to improve supplier quality measurements, processes, and performance.
- Ensure POD team members perform all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering/operations/supply chain environments where problem solving, multitasking and customer satisfaction were company priorities.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor team members.
- A self-starter who can work independently and drive actions to completion.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and support all supplier quality field activities.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), along with the ability to manage up and to the side.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
More Information on Xometry
Xometry operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Gaithersburg, MD, Bethesda, MD and Lexington, KY. Xometry was founded in 2013. It has 381 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 46 open jobs at Xometry, click here.
Read Full Job Description