Business Process Consultant - Warranty at CNA
The Warranty Business Process Consultant will be responsible for the data management, reporting and analytics related to Warranty Service Contract business and will be an operational liaison with third party administrators and data management system provider. The individual will provide support to Warranty underwriting for activities related to client program management and prospective opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing, reporting and analytics for Warranty Service Contract business. Includes loading client submitted contract sales and claims files to warranty data management system, working with clients and vendor to resolve issues, documenting solutions, running reports to validate data, tracking and analyzing results.
- Manage the monthly service contract accounting feed and release data and reports to other functional areas for review and additional analysis.
- Working closely with warranty account manager, update warranty contract system as necessary for changes in pricing, earnings, new clients or products. Serve as point of contact to ensure service contract data meets business, financial reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Report development and generation to support underwriting and program management, account profitability reviews and regulatory inquiries.
- Assist with client underwriting audits from developing the audit plan, testing contracts and claims and results write-up.
- Operational Support including managing invoicing and receivables, claim funding, monthly premium and claim processing, settlement processes and general inquires
- Participates in the development of presentations, report layouts, definitions and documentation
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the insurance industry as well as understanding of the company's products, services, goals and objectives.
- Solid analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Solid business process modeling and analysis skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with little or no direction to drive project and program initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of four years of related work experience.