Job description: Business Operations & Strategy Associate
Location: Remote (Canada)
Manages Others: No
Education: Bachelors’ Degree required; Business Administration, Finance or STEM majors preferred
Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience working in broad operations roles or Finance/FPA. Experience completing corporate rotational programs is a plus. Must be data oriented, with an ability to extrapolate information to identify trends and anomalies and to provide real world solutions.
The BizOps & Strategy Associate is an integral member of the business operations & strategy team. The team provides strategic insight and decision support across the organization and works with the most senior executives and board at BusPatrol. The primary function of the team is to develop strategy and incubate the most critical capabilities and analytical processes to improve the performance of BusPatrol. It has exposure and purview to every aspect of the organization and is tasked to develop and execute an operational agenda that will lead to highest value business improvements. Initiatives could range from developing predictive analytics models, managing field teams, running quality improvement efforts, driving process or product design initiatives, or standing up new organizations and functions within BusPatrol
The BizOps & Strategy Associate will report to the Associate Director of Business Operations & Strategy and is responsible for supporting organization-wide initiative development, leading cross-functional processes, providing analytical rigor, and driving impact where necessary.
What you will do:
- Work with our senior executive team to re-shape the organization and support all major strategic decisions and initiatives (e.g., sales strategy and targeting, strategic supplier negotiations, analytical diagnostics, process improvement, field service quality targeting and development prioritization (tech stack, business intelligence tools).
- With the support of the Director understand the key drivers of BusPatrol’s mission and design metrics to appreciably impact BusPatrol performance;
- Analyze data, build models, forecast performance from multiple data sources and present them straight-forward way
- Sets an example of excellence by proactively uncovering trends, prioritizing areas to target for the highest impact, and communicating them quickly
- Support cross-functional communication, working with leaders across the organization to organize and communicate their most significant efforts to other leaders and our board/investors
- Provide leadership and ‘activist’ project management expertise to achieve value targets for cross-functional initiatives
What you bring:
- A “Flexible athlete” mentality, comfort with change and ambiguity, excited to learn new topics and chase solutions that will lead to the highest organizational value
- The ability to chase down root causes and communicate the gaps between the solution and the current environment
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel with an ability to extrapolate trends in data. Experience with V-Lookups, X-Lookups, COUNTIF, pivot tables is required. Advanced Excel experience is a plus.
- Quick and clear use of PowerPoint, Word, Project Management tools, or other communication tools to concisely articulate a compelling story, share progress, highlight project gaps and risks, and move a team towards a goal
- A detective’s mentality, that triangulates results and notices deviations in trends
- Demonstrated ability to understand organizational objectives and develop strategic agenda using analytical and data-driven methods
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and assertive - willingness to push the organization in new and different ways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to build logical storylines and influence in multiple situations
Who we are:
BusPatrol is a Safety Technology company. Our core mission is to improve the lives of students everywhere as the leading international provider for school bus stop arm enforcement.
BusPatrol’s technology has been deployed onto more buses and has been used to issue more school bus stop arm citations than any other company in the world. Our proprietary technology turns school buses into Smart Buses equipped with video, GPS, telemetry, data processing, and archiving. In this way, we enable counties and school districts to enhance the safety of children in their communities.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a talented Marketing and People team
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- BusPatrol is safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
Note to applicants: We are looking for a valued member of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Join our safety mission to help keep children safe!