At Perpay, we believe that everyone deserves access to financial stability. Our team is dedicated to building simple, transparent, and inclusive financial products that challenge typical channels of credit and improve the lives of our members. Our core product helps traditionally underserved consumers significantly improve their credit simply by shopping for the things they want and need. Here are a few things we're especially excited about:
- We currently have over 5 million members
- Our average member credit score increase is 39 points!
- We’re supported by world-class partners like First Round Capital & JP Morgan
- We were ranked the 5th fastest-growing company in the country by INC Magazine (2019)
Our office, located in the heart of Philadelphia, is home to a talented & diverse group of people. Our team comes to work every day inspired to build life-changing products for our growing customer base and have fun while doing it. Join us as we transform the credit landscape.
We’re searching for talented, passionate Business Operations Specialists to serve as the face of Perpay to our rapidly growing customer base. In this role, you will gain exposure to several professional development tracks including Marketing, Commerce, and Accounting & Finance.
As you rotate through multiple core functional areas, we will challenge you to elevate your contribution and shape the future of our platform. A Business Operations Specialist acts as Perpay’s eyes and ears, a liaison between the customer and internal teams.
What we're looking for:
- A rising star; you are passionate about exploring multiple professional development tracks
- A self-starter; you are enthusiastic and excel at taking initiative
- A communicator; you listen actively and articulate clearly when speaking and writing
- A stickler for details; you are organized, attentive, and focused
- A positive force; you are optimistic and confident
- A chameleon; you are adaptable and continuously grow and develop
- A first principles thinker; you look for the “why” in everything
Your initial responsibilities include:
- Serve as the point of contact across multiple support channels (chat, email, phone) to guide Perpay’s user base in their shopping and credit building journey
- Drive key business outcomes that fuel growth such as sign-ups, approvals, conversion, and retention
- Bridge information between Perpay members and our growing network of dropship vendors, to resolve supply chain issues.
- Identify areas of improvement in both the user experience and internal processes and propose solutions.
- Evaluate customer support data to inform user experience and product development projects.
- As you show skill in handling responsibilities, you will be challenged to think critically about your professional trajectory at Perpay.
You will grow into the following responsibilities:
- Carry out and oversee e-commerce processes, including customer returns, exchanges, and shipment claims
- Execute daily payment reconciliation and fraud auditing to ensure the secure and successful transfer of payments
- Collaborate with the Risk & Analytics team to manage delinquent borrower accounts and overall portfolio performance
- Support marketing operations such as promotional email campaigns and brand management
- Verify and maintain an internal database of employers and payroll systems
- Build and maintain automated chat support systems based on customer support conversation data
- Facilitate vendor relationships and manage the online storefront catalog
- Measure and communicate user friction points to the Product team and propose UX solutions
- Mentor and onboard new Business Operations team members
- Develop training resources and lead training for new and existing team members
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS)
- Completed undergraduate studies no earlier than June, 2020
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary + equity
- 401k with company match
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- Cell phone plan
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- A scale-up environment with cross-functional exposure
- Immersion into dynamic fields of e-commerce & fintech
- Brand new office with comfortable work/lounge spaces and a pleasant riverfront setting
- “Teach me” sessions where we learn share personal knowledge & learn from others (work-related or not!)
- Espresso bar, full kitchen, weekly catered lunches, snacks, beverages, & everyday lunch essentials
- Optional work from home (WFH) up to 4 weeks per year (based on level)
- Pre-tax Public transportation benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don’t work with recruiters - please contact us or apply directly.
More Information on Perpay
Perpay operates in the Payments industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA. Perpay was founded in 2014. It has 47 total employees. To see all 18 open jobs at Perpay, click here.
Read Full Job Description