Business Operations Senior Manager at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The BizOps team plays a pivotal role in this mission and solves some of Credit Karma’s most important business problems. BizOps leads are embedded within our verticals and collaborate with a cross-functional team to lead strategic initiatives that have a direct impact on our business. We drive operational discipline and clarity on performance to make verticals & Credit Karma successful at achieving our objectives. We are a team of highly-collaborative and action-oriented individuals that strive to enable financial progress for all of our members.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to partner with our Credit Cards vertical and serve as the BizOps lead on their leadership “Core” team.What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the General Manager and Core team of the Credit Cards vertical to help make data-driven decisions and grow the business
- Structure and solve complex and ambiguous strategic problems
- Serve as the connective tissue of a cross-functional Credit Cards Core team to enable it to function effectively:
- Lead strategic projects and operationalize them to move the business forward
- Track and measure performance of key cross-functional initiatives: establish and monitor KPIs and develop operational dashboards
- Own the forum for discussion of the highest priority topics and for decision-making
- Lead strategic planning and develop plans to achieve goals, as well as on resource prioritization and allocation
- Identify opportunities to leverage the platform, other verticals, strategic partnerships and acquisitions to grow the business
- Collaborate with the team and leverage data to inform, develop, and iterate on business strategy
- Manage key communication and materials for the Executive Committee and company leadership
What’s great about the role:
- You will serve on the leadership team of a critical business unit at Credit Karma, and influence the direction the vertical takes
- You will have clear end-to-end ownership of specific initiatives, running the gamut from strategic assessment to implementation
- Your work will help us design better products, improve user experience, and inform overall business performance
- You will have high visibility within the organization: exposure to and a voice at all levels of management
- The role is highly cross-functional, which means you get to work with Product, Business Development, Marketing, Data Science, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Development, and Engineering
- You will become the go-to expert on your vertical on matters both internal and external: cross-functional initiatives happening within the vertical, KPIs and business performance, the industry and competitive landscape
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 8+ years of total work experience, 2+ years of which in management consulting, investment banking, business operations, corporate strategy or finance
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)