Business Operations Manager at Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The BizOps team plays a pivotal role in this mission and solves some of Credit Karma's most important business problems. BizOps leads are embedded within our verticals and collaborate with a cross-functional team to lead strategic initiatives that have a direct impact on our business. We drive operational discipline and clarity on performance to make verticals & Credit Karma successful at achieving our objectives. We are a team of highly-collaborative and individuals that strive to enable financial progress for all of our members.
We're looking for a Manager to partner with our Auto Loans vertical and serve as the BizOps lead on their leadership "Core" team.What you'll do:
- You will serve on the leadership team at Credit Karma, and influence the direction the Auto Loans vertical takes
- You will have clear end-to-end ownership of specific programs, running the gamut from strategic assessment to implementation
- Your work will help us design better products, improve user experience, and inform overall performance
- You will have high visibility within the organization: exposure to and a voice at all levels of management
- The role is highly cross-functional, which means you get to work with Product, Business Development, Marketing, Data Science, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Development, and Engineering
- You will become the go-to expert on your department on matters both our: cross-functional projects happening within the vertical, Goals and performance, the industry and competitive landscape
- 5+ years of total work experience, 2+ years of which in management consulting, investment banking, business operations, corporate strategy or finance
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong preference for background in management consulting or related field
- Prior experience in consumer financial services, payments and/or financial technology
- A detailed understanding and/or prior experience in the auto loans (car purchase, auto loan refinance) industry
- Analytical chops and ability to understand key reasons for business
- Develop strategic priorities based on our data
- An ability to drive complex projects and develop processes
- Present and debate recommendations with all levels of management
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)