At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. With an emphasis on security and usability, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for institutions across the world to participate in crypto. Our team brings together the brightest minds from security, finance, and distributed systems to build the infrastructure of a new financial system. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
The Brokerage Operations Lead will be a high impact role that will require a leader to bridge the gap between traditional finance and decentralized finance as it applies to Brokerage Operations. The role will require individuals to constantly adapt to the uniqueness of digital asset transactions while always being laser focused on regulatory compliance and client experience.
As a Brokerage Operations Lead you will:
- Lead and work alongside a team of Brokerage Operation Specialists
- Build and own a robust process for daily and monthly reconciliation of our internal blotter and balances held at external venues
- Enhance and fully own the process for the settlement of trades with counterparties and clients
- Ensure all settlements are completed timely and accurately
- Establish Brokerage Operations team KPI’s and report to department head weekly
- Participate and lead projects related to brokerage product systems or tools that may improve compliance, security, or efficiency in day to day operations
- Monitor balances of digital assets and fiat held on execution venues
- Partner with Client Operations Managers and Client Experience Managers to troubleshoot funding or other brokerage account setup issues
- Become an expert and advisor in all our product and service offerings, especially in the areas of brokerage operations
- Serve as the internal advocate for our clients to our product, engineering, and compliance teams
- Provide white glove brokerage operations support to our global client base through phone, email, video calls and chat in an articulate and empathetic manner
- Assist with requests for information related to Brokerage Operations from prospective clients
- MUST Participate in evening and weekend on-call rotations alongside your team
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience of Brokerage Operations experience servicing institutional clients in a financial services setting
- You have 2 years or more of leading a Brokerage Operations team
- You have a strong understanding of how institutional clients such as VCs, Sovereign Wealth Funds, PEs etc operate.
- You have a deep understanding of traditional financial services, products and strategies as required to provide thought leadership and strategic insight to build system and processes
- Experience with different channels of support including chat, text, telephone, email and video conference.
- You have "executive presence," i.e. confidence and composure interfacing with financial investors and C-level executives.
- You have deep technical knowledge or are able to quickly gain that knowledge on the following subjects: blockchain, crypto-economics, security engineering
- You have a keen ability to adapt and learn quickly as business strategies evolve and new products are introduced.
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You have experience leveraging programming languages for Brokerage Operations.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have your FINRA Series 7, 63, and 24
- You are familiar with Python
- You have worked in Brokerage Operations at a Fintech or Crypto Startup
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
Read Full Job Description