Borrow Operations Associate at M1 (Salt Lake City, UT)
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
The M1 Borrow Operations Associate will be an integral part of the team tasked with building and launching lending products at M1. Initial focus will be on the prioritization and launch of unsecured personal loans. The Borrow Operations Associate will work closely with the Borrow Operations Manager in partnership with members of the Product, Finance, Engineering, Marketing teams as well as the GM of Borrow. Responsibilities are outlined below though it will be expected that the Borrow Operations Associate maintains a flexible attitude as the role solidifies based on the needs of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Lay the groundwork for a successful launch and servicing of lending products at M1.
- Support the build out of customer servicing capabilities including working with external partners as necessary.
- Participating in the implementation of operational procedures in support of lending products.
- Develop relationships with external partners and vendors needed.
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience at every step of the application process.
- Identify opportunities to improve the experience of our customers and employees by reducing friction without compromising quality or introducing risk.
- Track day-to-day activities of functional areas to ensure compliance to internal policy, legal and pertinent regulations. Monitor and maintain internal policies and procedures.
- Identify, escalate issues and propose recommended solutions regarding potential issues with process, systems and operations inefficiencies as they happen.
- Develop a strong working relationship with our partners and be their first point of contact in addition to being a subject matter expert internally and across departments.
- 3+ years of experience in lending operations, ideally in the fintech space
- Experience developing processes, meeting deadlines, and paying close attention to detail
- Strong analytical, metrics and data-driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with leadership
- Proven project management skills
- SQL experience, a plus
- Finance experience, a plus
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym