All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact [email protected]
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
Global Atlantic is looking for a passionate people leader, who is data driven, to assume the role of Assistant Vice President of Annuity New Business in our Hartford, CT location. This individual will be responsible for leading the tactical day to day operations as well as longer term strategic planning. They will have ~4 direct reports who each have a team of ~12 New Business Case Managers. The role will report into the VP of New Business Operations and be a key partner across Operations and Sales in delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Lead the Annuity New Business Management team through day-to-day operations
- Work with Individual Markets leadership to develop and drive the five-year strategic plan
- Support projects related to product enhancements, process changes/improvements, etc.
- Identify and lead process enhancements for Annuity New Business
- Communicate the current service experience across operations and sales to ensure proper operational expectations are set with internal and external customers
- Leverage data to identify trends and drive decisions that will improve handle time, cycle time and quality
- Respond to, and take appropriate action on, audit and compliance requests and recommendations
- Work closely with Capacity Planning and Finance teams to ensure the team is properly staffed and within budget
- Partner with Quality and Process Optimization to understand trends and drive improvements
- Monitor production and volumes throughout the day and provide direction to staff to ensure resourcing is in place to meet service level agreements
- Facilitate regular team meetings and coaching sessions with direct reports and periodic skip levels with the front-line team
- Own standard operating procedures and partner with Knowledge Management to ensure the training curriculum is meeting the expectations of the department standards
- Ensure successful customer outcomes and investigate and rectify customer service issues in a timely manner
Skills & Experience
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Strong Proficiency in Data Analytics tools and methodologies
- 7+ years of related experience with 5 years of demonstrated managerial experience in a related field
- Knowledge of annuities and life insurance is preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven leadership skills
- Ability to motivate staff and collaborate with peers
- Outstanding judgement, a high standard of ethics, and able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Player-coach mentality, able to lead and concurrently execute and dig into the details
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email [email protected]
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.
Global Atlantic Financial Company Employee Candidate Privacy Notice