The AVP, C&RM will establish the next generation of capital and risk management for SageSure’s multi-carrier ecosystem. This position will be responsible for A) evaluating and developing stochastic views of catastrophe losses, P&Ls and investor returns for the insurance portfolios, B) collaborating in the creation of sophisticated decision-making analytics and associated tools to measure and manage balance sheet risk and compare capital and reinsurance strategies, and C) considering all perspectives on capital adequacy, including rating agency, regulatory, and practical capital/reinsurance market constraints. The role will be a central, strategic resource helping to drive decisions with senior management, and initially will also focus on setting up new analytic tools then systematizing reporting and management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing stochastic views of portfolio cat risk / P&L/ investor returns:
- Evaluating and developing the output produced by the cat risk modeling team, with a high-level understanding of the cat models—including a general appreciation for their strengths and weaknesses.
- Developing sensitivity testing and considering implications
- Capacity to assist in the integration of premium, expenses, and ceded reinsurance to produce a probabilistic net P&L
- Understanding of temporal issues in the context of a growing business
- Collaborating across teams to support creation of sophisticated decision-making analytics and associated tools:
- Taking the probabilistic P&L and defining risk tolerances by entity to inform views of capital adequacy plus reinsurance and capital strategies
- Developing investor returns and probability of default standards for the capital structure
- Developing a decision tool to evaluate strategic choices for risk/capital/ reinsurance, which will be at the center of future strategic decisions
- Integrating multiple perspectives on capital adequacy:
- Coordinating with rating agency modeling and regulatory modeling across the ecosystem
- Understanding available capital in current credit facilities and prospects for future capital raises
- Assist in projections over a multiyear time horizon
- Serving as an advisor to senior executives and other colleagues:
- Interpreting results and driving to portfolio management decisions
- Supporting strategic initiatives where capital planning is required
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong understanding of insurance and reinsurance
- Knowledge of reinsurance structures
- Familiarity with probabilistic cat risk assessments
- General understanding of insurance accounting
- Financial analysis
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Highly preferred candidates will have:
- Experience in consulting/advisory roles guiding clients in complex decision making
- Rating agency: AM Best and Demotech
- Reinsurance market placements
- Capital markets, especially Insurance Linked Securities (ILS)
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! A Best Places to Work in Insurance Recipient for two years in a row (2020-2021), SageSure is a managing general underwriter leader and insurance technology innovator serving disaster-prone areas. That means we sell insurance through our proprietary technology platform in places other insurance companies won’t do business. Our success in delivering coverage in America’s most challenging markets is the result of our strategic focus to understand and adequately price risk. We offer 50+ products in 14 states, serving over 400,000 policyholders while managing more than $800 million in written premium. We have nine office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country.
We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan and more. SageSure fosters inclusion, creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We’re energetic, forward-thinking problem solvers; come join our team! For more information on SageSure opportunities, visit www.sagesure.com/careers/.
SageSure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, national origin or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
SageSure is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
More Information on SageSure
SageSure operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Jersey City, NJ. SageSure was founded in 2006. It has 268 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 22 open jobs at SageSure, click here.
Read Full Job Description